Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we organize a hub care package at some stage?

When the time is right, a number of us are keen to put together a fund to help Barry out. At this point the general consensus is to let Kevin and the rest of the fam deal with the immediate fallout. I'd suggest we all dig a bit deep as we know this is going to be a long, arduous and expensive road to recovery.

Thanks for the updates - keep on fighting Baz.

Latest post from Kevin says that Husky rescue will be taking Barry's dogs in to look after them. No doubt Ian had something to do with that ????

For those wanting to help, let's support Huskey rescue and donate towards the upkeep of his dogs.

Husky rescue SA

Standard Bank

Cape gate

02 39 10

I'd think "Tumbleweed" would be an appropriate reference for donations

Latest post from Kevin says that Husky rescue will be taking Barry's dogs in to look after them. No doubt Ian had something to do with that

For those wanting to help, let's support Huskey rescue and donate towards the upkeep of his dogs.

Husky rescue SA

Standard Bank

Cape gate

02 39 10

I'd think "Tumbleweed" would be an appropriate reference for donations

Wow, nice one Ian and Husky Rescue, thats why they are my go to charity :clap:

Keep on fighting Tumbleweed, and to Kevin, you are one hell of a brother and my thoughts are still with you and your family. 

Edited by Wil6

New day, new challenges. Hang in there and stay strong

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw this post from Ian this morning and thought about sharing it as I know there are lots here who want to help.

Many of my friends may have heard that a friend of mine Barry Mccallum was very badly burnt when his car exploded as he started it just over a week ago. Barry is putting up a brave fight in hospital but is far from out of danger as he has over 70% 3rd degree burns.

Barry has always been a kind hearted soul who could never say no so he has managed to accumulate some lovely furry friends, 5 of them in total, a Saint Bernard, Boxer, Husky, Labrador with only 3 legs and a X breed lab type. Since the accident the dogs have been alone and outside with a kind neighbour feeding them.

I went to see how they were doing today and after consulting with our Husky Rescue - SA committee members we have decided to help Barry's dogs. Some have been injured, maybe trying to escape and they are all traumatised after being witness to the horror of what happened to Barry in his own driveway. Apparently they all ran away and hid until some time afterwards.

The plan is to take them to the vet tomorrow to get the injuries attended to and then they will be going to a boarding kennel where they can be properly and safely looked after until Barry comes home or other arrangements can be made.

Of course this will involve some costs so we would appreciate if any of Barry's friends or other animal lovers could assist us with donations into the Husky Rescue account below, please use the reference 'Barry' and send proof to ian@huskyrescue.org.za so we can keep track.

Account name: Husky Rescue SA
Bank: Standard Bank 
Branch: Cape Gate 
Branch Code: 02 39 10
Account number: 271474092

RIGHT ! If we cant help Barry for the moment, we can help his dogs. If you all recall the hub fundraiser for Ghost.

Who is in ?

I am, will be doing a deposit a little later on. Glad we now have a way to show our support for TW other than our prayers, thoughts and posts here on the hub!

TW keep fighting bud, the Hub's got your back!

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Edited by Mntboy