Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

Ask yourself this: "Will paying money into an account, now, make any difference?"

Without meaning to sound nasty/unkind/unsupportive, all good things come to those that wait.

As Kevin said, somewhere, now is not the time for visitors - likewise, money might be required in due course... let's wait for the right time. As frustrating as it seems.

I still reckon one thing that will maybe help is going to drop a few kg of dogfood off. Or maybe opening a tab with some credit in for the family at their 'HQ'S'. It's a very testing time for the family, and maybe we can help by doing something for them.

I'll be happy to deposit some money in to one of the local hubber personal bank account for that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well mostly good news(the way I read it) as said, another round down, looong road ahead. Thanks for the updates

Well mostly good news(the way I read it) as said, another round down, looong road ahead. Thanks for the updates

Plus 1

The last private chat I had with him was related to a rather nasty situation that I found myself in ... seems he had experienced similar. 

Closing words, I think sums the mans personality up very well:

"Keep me updated, and don't hesitate if you think there is something you think I might be able to help you with!

Cheers,

Barry "

Hang Tough Barry, thoughts are with you!

Last year my son got badly burnt with hot water. Only the top of his right hand some splatter on his left. The agony he went through nearly broke me. This is going to be a long ugly fight for Barry and those close to him. To everyone involved, stay strong and take it 1 day, 1 hour or 1 minute at a time. Here is a glimpse of what burns look like. 66bf9f6ea6220da80a44a3f4f03ec502.jpg76567958fca3a2eacf4d154edcea925d.jpg0def29c27944e02defb6c91dc618f05f.jpg

I'm going to Grapes tomorrow after work to drop off some dog food as that's all I can think of at the moment to help.

Can't imagine how difficult it must be for all the family.

Edit: sorry Gen didn't read your post before I posted. We thought the same thing.

Edited by Red Robin

Last year my son got badly burnt with hot water. Only the top of his right hand some splatter on his left. The agony he went through nearly broke me. 

Jeepers dude that's horrible, made me hartseer, also got small kids. My late brother once had an epileptic fit in his sleep and landed on a heater, his left hand ended up looking a bit like that.

Thinking of Baz. Hectic situation. As others have noted, standing by for a/c details to send a bit of material assistance when the time is right.

Thanks for the updates - have been checking FB et al all day.  Feels like I'm holding my breath. Stay strong TW!

Same here. Since this incident happened, Barry is constantly in my thoughts. It's made me think a lot about how our lives can change forever in an instant.

Ask yourself this: "Will paying money into an account, now, make any difference?"

Without meaning to sound nasty/unkind/unsupportive, all good things come to those that wait.

As Kevin said, somewhere, now is not the time for visitors - likewise, money might be required in due course... let's wait for the right time. As frustrating as it seems.

I agree with you

There will be a time for everything.It seems Barry has a good support system around him and we should give them space to do what they need to do.

Man I hope he heals up quickly

The sobering reality of burns, is that there is no such thing as quick. It's a very long, very painful process. Being burnt is one ordeal, surviving it another, and living with it is the longest one of all. When a colleague of mine was burnt when lighter fluid container exploded in his hand, it got me to read up about what it takes to survive and live with burns injuries. It's genuinely depressing reading. Localized burning is bad enough, it's even worse when its widespread across multiple appendages as mobility is badly impacted.

Without knowing the extent of his injuries, i can only hope as well, that its such he is on a path to a quicker recovery.

I'm still very shocked that this has happened to our Barry.

I agree with you

There will be a time for everything.It seems Barry has a good support system around him and we should give them space to do what they need to do.

Agreed, 1st priority is to get out of icu

From a financial perspective Once he is on the road to recovery then all sorts of things will crop up, for example his car, laptop etc that will need replacing (if he is not insured) not to mention medical bills.

Kevin seems to be doing a great job supporting and if he needs help I'm sure he will let people know

What I would like to know is how the dogs are and who is looking after them... they must be pretty stressed out after the fire

Edited by SwissVan

The sobering reality of burns, is that there is no such thing as quick. It's a very long, very painful process. Being burnt is one ordeal, surviving it another, and living with it is the longest one of all. When a colleague of mine was burnt when lighter fluid container exploded in his hand, it got me to read up about what it takes to survive and live with burns injuries. It's genuinely depressing reading. Localized burning is bad enough, it's even worse when its widespread across multiple appendages as mobility is badly impacted.

Without knowing the extent of his injuries, i can only hope as well, that its such he is on a path to a quicker recovery.

I'm still very shocked that this has happened to our Barry.

Every bit of this is so true.

I agree with you

I agree, the family have so much to deal with right now.

What will be more pertinent is continued long term support when TW is out of danger and trying to adjust to everyday normality. He'll have a whole 'new normal' to adapt to and that's when he'll need his Hub friends support (financial and other) the most.