Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

The latest FB update from Kevin.

Seeing Barry Mccallum was hard today. He was sleeping, breathing well, his markers all good, but I miss his eyes and his moans and his bull**** about "I'm okay".

He had a little wobble yesterday afternoon. Wobble is the best way to put it. He had a reaction to a transfusion. As the doc said, he took a hit to his kidneys, the ones that have just come off dialysis, and a membrane on his lungs. They worked on him yesterday afternoon. Another CBC old boy, Stephen Toich (spelling), part of the ICU, gave us details on what exactly happened.

The summary is this: Barry came through, he and his doctors and sisters and drugs won this fight.

He was sleeping today. He will be asleep for a while. I went to Grapes and listened to stories about the friend they called the "stunt man". My brother was a kid who never grew up. He lived a life and also treaded water. Tomorrow the treading of water starts again.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang in there Holy.. you got this man~ You gotta be that guy with the skateboard walking through Rosebank on a mission!! 

I've never met the man. Think we conversed maybe twice on a thread here somewhere.

But I open this damn thread everytime in trepidation...

Hang in there TW. The prayers going around for you, here and elsewhere, openly and in the quiet, will carry you through.

Just hang in there...

Kevin: if you get to read this.

Reading about the transfusion-

If Barry needs blood, mine is A+, and clean, and I'm in, in a nanosecond, if I am a match. i will lay odds there are plenty willing people here of like mind.

#blooddrive4tumbles

Edited by Harryn

If Barry needs blood, mine is A+, and clean, and I'm in, in a nanosecond, if I am a match. i will lay odds there are plenty willing people here of like mind.

#blooddrive4tumbles

this one post is why I love this place.

You Sir, are a good man.

#blooddrive4tumbles

I'm O +. I can also help. I Was tested on Friday for my annual health check. Clean as a whistle.

#blooddrive4tumbles

And I am B+