Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

Hang on... you okes donating blood........ which age category do you ride in and who tested your blood and who are your doctors?

This is after all a cycling forum and we aaaallllllll know EVERYONE rides clean.......

*does not even bother with hat coat door*

As Wayne said, generally a good place this.

Nice one Harryn and co!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest update from Kevin.

Not much to report today. Barry Mccallum is keeping on keeping on. He is preparing for theatre tomorrow where they will change his dressings. It has to be in theatre to be extra sterile.

I have spent the day catching up on work put off because of last week. Then my wife took me for lunch. And now I am drinking gin, and preparing to do some more work.

My phone does not stop, another crisis, another question, another update needed, a befuddled mother to placate and give explanations to. My head spins, my heart breaks. And this is just the start. There are many months to go.

Barry cannot take too many visitors. He is asleep most of the time. He is in ICU. It is not a good place for visiting.

Breandan flies out tomorrow night. There are documents to sort out and other things to organise.

And through this, Barry keeps fighting. That is all we need to know today. I'm off to walk my dogs and let it go for an hour.

Kevin

If Tumbles needs a new blood supply, there are enough hubbers who will step up to the plate.

Although requesting my blood be sent to Glenwood hospital from Somerset West Blood Transfusion may require some logistical ingenuity.

O "-" as well, universal donor, just let me know.

And my blood is "clean". I only cycle in the alphabet soup groups :)

If Tumbles needs a new blood supply, there are enough hubbers who will step up to the plate.

Although requesting my blood be sent to Glenwood hospital from Somerset West Blood Transfusion may require some logistical ingenuity.

O "-" as well, universal donor, just let me know.

And my blood is "clean". I only cycle in the alphabet soup groups :)

My blood is also clean..B+ if there is a need.. platteland not as far as Somerset west.

Also willing to help if its needed. I am A+ and a reasonably regular donor anyway and am clean. I can go directly to Glynnwood if need be.

Also willing to help if its needed. I am A+ and a reasonably regular donor anyway and am clean. I can go directly to Glynnwood if need be.

Me too.

I have been off the Hub for a while. It just took too much of time. Just read this now. Am really shocked. I don't know Barry well but rode a 24 hour mtb race with hm a few years back and we communicated fairly regularly.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery. He really is a very special person.

No idea what my blood is but I'll pump out as much as I can if it matches. Will test tomorrow at clinic and add to thread... although it might be rejected by tumbles body because it's part pom, part wallaby and 0% springbok! 

Update... I'm a commoner with O positive sloshing around the veins. 

Edited by hellocolour

This is from Barry's son - posted by Kevin last night.

An update from Conor Mccallum: He is stable and has been stable since last night. They are keeping him under almost complete sedation at minimum sedation. He has another op tomorrow for cleaning and Re-Dressing. He goes in at 7h30. The nurse that is with her seems to feel confident with his condition. She said Mary was there at 10h00 until about 10h30. She is very nice and she is taking good care of him!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No idea what my blood is but I'll pump out as much as I can if it matches. Will test tomorrow at clinic and add to thread... although it might be rejected by tumbles body because it's part pom, part wallaby and 0% springbok! 

Barry needs to win this fight so 0% Springbok would be good at this point  :ph34r:

Had I been in the area, I would gladly have passed a pint of O-.

Only saw this now... Esih... Good Luck Tumbles... Healing Vibes... I'm a donor and would gladly help, O+...

PM me if needed...