Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

8 hours ago, justinafrika said:

Two offspring?  What a pleasure.  Thank goodness I got divorced before 10 years as we were producing kids every two years.  Paid for 19 years of varsity education for three of those.  Plus raised a stepdaughter.

#broke

😂 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant decide what is worse .... Using a ebike to ride top the top of the downhill and blast down ... Or taking part in shuttle days to blast down ... a

are they not the same evil ?

20 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Say what ..... I have ..... and quickly found a coffee spot .... :whistling:

The oldies will remember the add of "Duracell, the one with the copper top, just keeps on going" .... wonder where @copperhead got his name ...

presactly

15 minutes ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

I cant decide what is worse .... Using a ebike to ride top the top of the downhill and blast down ... Or taking part in shuttle days to blast down ... a

Bro, do you even fun??

17 minutes ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

Brilliant post, but I would say the shuttle is the larger evil?

1 minute ago, Trashy said:

Bro, do you even fun??

Fun is for slackers, ebikers, DH riders who shuttle or walk to the top and any anyone out on the trails not pushing max HR and PB, 

Cycling a purist sport and if you not hurting you not cycling...you getting in the way of real cyclist.

Technically anyone not on a road bike or cyclocross bike is not a purist ... MTB and its derivatives are a fringe sport of cycling. Don't even get me started on the easy way out that lazy people have suspension and 29ers, 

So if you see a real cyclist, - that guy riding on the road - ... give him a Thumbs up

1 minute ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

Technically anyone not on a road bike or cyclocross bike is not a purist ... MTB and its derivatives are a fringe sport of cycling. Don't even get me started on the easy way out that lazy people have suspension and 29ers, 

So if you see a real cyclist, - that guy riding on the road - ... give him a Thumbs up

Technically, if you're not riding a Penny farthing, you're not a purist...

3 minutes ago, Trashy said:

Technically, if you're not riding a Penny farthing, you're not a purist...

Correct ...

its all relative to your time frame

Hahah... imo this all boils down to "choice supportive bias".

Deep down most of us feel the need to justify our choice/purchase. (and it is fun to argue on the internet.🙂

Edited by _David_

21 minutes ago, _David_ said:

Hahah... imo this all boils down to "choice supportive bias".

Deep down most of us feel the need to justify our choice/purchase. (and it is fun to argue on the internet.🙂

no one ever argued on the world wide web

3 hours ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

Fun is for slackers, ebikers, DH riders who shuttle or walk to the top and any anyone out on the trails not pushing max HR and PB, 

Cycling a purist sport and if you not hurting you not cycling...you getting in the way of real cyclist.

Tell that to my lungs when the asthma kicks in and they nearly give up. Or the the cancerous infection that was removed along with half an organ. Yet, I am still out there cycling on a std bicycle and when I cant manage that last steep section I get off and walk. The days we feel like doing a shuttle because I am not up for the long pedal to the top due to me not feeling well is definitely cause I am slacker....

Dont talk about what you dont know, you dont know everones struggles out there

2 hours ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

Correct ...

its all relative to your time frame

I was just about to say a "purist" would ride a three speed chopper bike, with a looong saddle and back pedal. 

A decade later .... the "road bikes" of the day, can be used as gravel bikes today ....

31 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Tell that to my lungs when the asthma kicks in and they nearly give up. Or the the cancerous infection that was removed along with half an organ. Yet, I am still out there cycling on a std bicycle and when I cant manage that last steep section I get off and walk. The days we feel like doing a shuttle because I am not up for the long pedal to the top due to me not feeling well is definitely cause I am slacker....

Dont talk about what you dont know, you dont know everones struggles out there

like you I have health issues which mean I cant ride like I used to. My heart cant go over 120bpm any more .... and like you I will still ride my normal bike as much as possible if im riding alone, I just go much slower

But where my ebike comes in handy is when I want to ride with my old cycling partners that I rode with pre heart issues. With out the ebike that would not be possible unless I expected them all to sit around at the top of every hill waiting for me.

A couple of folk on here do seem to think all ebikers are just lazy with out knowing anything about them or the stuggles they are going through!