Bike Hub Features

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Pieterlab1 said:

"Real Cyclists"

So if I own an E-bike, I don't own any other bicycle or "normal" bike and I can only ride an E-Bike?

no idea what you just said.  Irrespective of how many or what types of bikes you have, in the event that you CHOOSE to ride an e-bike on chappies, should a toll be charged, as opposed to real cyclists, who don't have to pay a toll.  Verstaan?

Just now, PygaSchmyga said:

no idea what you just said.  Irrespective of how many or what types of bikes you have, in the event that you CHOOSE to ride an e-bike on chappies, should a toll be charged, as opposed to real cyclists, who don't have to pay a toll.  Verstaan?

you'll then sit with the same problem we have in races where the tannie manning the start shoot now needs to know how to distinguish and normal bike from an e-bike.

All that is going to do is create a headache for everyone as they will then stop every single bicycle to check it.

14 minutes ago, PygaSchmyga said:

No idea what you just said. So no.

But don't let them e-bikes hurt your feelings!

14 hours ago, BigDL said:

I almost fell off my chair when I saw a specialized ebike for over £9000. Not sure how people afford them but good luck to those who can. Me, with one at university and another going to university at the end of next year, I’ll be a few years away from affording toys at that level. Also, my wife would divorce me. 

At that price just buy yourself a motorbike and be done with it. You can buy a ducati hypermotard for 230K.

10404139.jpeg.83ac65d962e74583687591ea8e53d97a.jpeg

1 hour ago, PygaSchmyga said:

There has been an explosion of e-bikes riding up chapman's peak - both sides. 

Given that real cyclists are exempted from paying the toll fee and going round the booms while motorbikes have to pay the toll, shouldn't e-bike also have to pay the toll?  The smallest moped which likely has less kw than a fancy e-bike have to pay, so why not the e-bikes?

Shots fired! 🙂 That said, maybe real eBike cyclists can just switch off the assist and ride through the booms under their own power. If they want to use their 80Nm then they must pay 🙂 

Edited by Headshot

31 minutes ago, _David_ said:

At that price just buy yourself a motorbike and be done with it. You can buy a ducati hypermotard for 230K.

Motard or Etard - which one to pick?  LOL

31 minutes ago, _David_ said:

The mind boggles how they can be a similar price, but I’ve stopped thinking about it years ago. 

3 minutes ago, copperhead said:

All this fuss about ebikes. Most of it seems banter but some seem seriously concerned. If an ebike gets you off the couch then all for it. If an ebike gets you fitter than you were, again great success. If you beat me on an ebike and you go bragging to your mates then that's bad on me. I will ride harder to make sure it doesn't happen again. Again... great success. 

If your ebike runs out of e then expect me to take the piss out of you for eternity. For the last time... great success. 

A few weeks back a guy was ranting about how ebikes are the future and how easy the climbs are at tokai. He was part of a fairly large group at tokai. I was waiting on some friends to catch up at broken road tokai and I just smiled. Then the group he was addressing left and he turned his focus to me and at the same time my friends arrived. As he was saying about his climbing, I asked him whats gonna happen when his battery dies? will you still be able to pedal that up the hill. He dropped his head and said no!

11 minutes ago, copperhead said:

All this fuss about ebikes. Most of it seems banter but some seem seriously concerned. If an ebike gets you off the couch then all for it. If an ebike gets you fitter than you were, again great success. If you beat me on an ebike and you go bragging to your mates then that's bad on me. I will ride harder to make sure it doesn't happen again. Again... great success. 

If your ebike runs out of e then expect me to take the piss out of you for eternity. For the last time... great success. 

you won't get any e-bikers accompanying you on your rides Copperhead.

12 minutes ago, copperhead said:

So basically stop and buy the man a coffee BEFORE the battery dies .... because this man WILL keep going further than any e-battery ....

Just now, MTBeer said:

you won't get any e-bikers accompanying you on your rides Copperhead.

Say what ..... I have ..... and quickly found a coffee spot .... :whistling:

The oldies will remember the add of "Duracell, the one with the copper top, just keeps on going" .... wonder where @copperhead got his name ...

15 hours ago, BigDL said:

Me, with one at university and another going to university at the end of next year, I’ll be a few years away from affording toys at that level.

Two offspring?  What a pleasure.  Thank goodness I got divorced before 10 years as we were producing kids every two years.  Paid for 19 years of varsity education for three of those.  Plus raised a stepdaughter.

#broke

1 hour ago, justinafrika said:

Two offspring?  What a pleasure.  Thank goodness I got divorced before 10 years as we were producing kids every two years.  Paid for 19 years of varsity education for three of those.  Plus raised a stepdaughter.

#broke

me with no kids....

woody-harrelson-crying.gif

31 minutes ago, PygaSchmyga said:

me with no kids....

woody-harrelson-crying.gif

🤣🤣🤣💦

328294516_gifSTFU.gif.5cafd67631c190f7d90dcc50a5ddddf2.gif

Heee! Can’t say ah ain’t lived me some high life adventures.

Edited by justinafrika