Beware of SRAM Eagle XX1 Gold

TerryT

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

by the power of his legs man!!!

Doesn't equate to the power of common sense.... now.... does it.... ? :)

Agree with you Mongoose .

The issue here is that the OP cannot get the part he wants .

To me , the the fact that we cannot get SRAM from online stores outside SA is shyte ....

Whether the local distributor had a hand in this or not , i don't know , but the fact remains that it is a BS decision which I think needs to be addressed with SRAM direct . Free trade and fair market practice etc ....

Agree with you Mongoose .

The issue here is that the OP cannot get the part he wants .

To me , the the fact that we cannot get SRAM from online stores outside SA is shyte ....

Whether the local distributor had a hand in this or not , i don't know , but the fact remains that it is a BS decision which I think needs to be addressed with SRAM direct . Free trade and fair market practice etc ....

It was a SRAM direct decision. It's worldwide, not just us here in our sleepy little abode. 

I honestly dont see the problem here. You only get one Eagle ring - in silver finish and gold finish. They did not split it into X0 and XX chainrings.

So you still have a full Eagle XX1 groupset. The only issue is one tiny small eagle which is silver and not gold? I dont see the problem as the importer can still supply full Eagle XX parts...

Edited by Rudi Pollard

Thanks Myles ,

Then maybe it needs to brought to their ( SRAM 's ) attention about the lack of stock ( if this is so ) being held by the local distributor .

And I am only going by what has been posted on threads related to SRAM , on  the hub .

I have no experience with stock problems for SRAM .

No the point is the chainring on XO eagle and XX eagle is the exact same thing, not a downgrade, not a "it fits so use it. The exact same thing.

Please do check on sram's site under both eagle's and then the chainring....the exact same part. So only "downgrade" is his 30mm scribble in gold.

Not really. You missing the point. Mixing lower range stuff with higher end stuff ( XO vs XX1) . Even if it is the "same thing" as mentioned by you.

The OP did not started the topic to ask to what ring should he DOWN GRADE to work on his setup.

He is frustrated as he cannot keep the groupset complete XX1, and with reason.

I blame it on White Monopoly Capital.

Edit:

I actually did not understand the issue until I went to the Sram website and looked at the pictures.

Is the complaint really about the colour of the WRITING on the chainring ? I thought that the ring itself must have been gold.

Maybe if I did not have to work and earn all of the bicycles I have owned, but had my parents buy them for me, I too would have developed such a sense of entitlement. :thumbdown:

Edited by eddy

But but but, the bike won't look right on the Thule on the back of the Cayenne Turbo S now...

I weep for our youth.

MTB is not the New Golf anymore. It is now the new Polo

(the horse kind, not VW.)

24cdbbb8fccf846ee2e1b6478f333db3.jpg

I would be proper pissed if I'd bought a gold highlight gruppo and then couldn't replace it with like (even if it's just the writing).

Ahh thehub - no real idea about the people behind the post but happy to call then all sorts of entitled porsche driving brats. That says a lot more about you than them.

Saint and XTR work well together but dangnamble it - I bought Saint cos it has the gold flashes and I love the gold flashes. Matches my Loaded gold everything and I love it.

How many teeth and what offset on your chainring? someone will have locally I am sure.

I must admit to being slightly surprised that you have managed to wear out the chainring with one chain.... should last for several chains unless you really abuse them - their longevity is astounding.

I posted the stock position last night in reply to the OP, it appears that the whine in more important than the actual blade. There is stock in gold in some of the blades but with 3 derivatives additional input is required.

The monopoly issue regarding being granted sole distribution rights to a region is a very interesting debate that has traditionally had little to do with warranty but more with investment. But now Vitoria tyres are blowing up on the trail and appear to have been brought in through the back door. So who knows.

Yet approximately of 50% of Shimano sold in SA is through the back door. And the other 50% is by an importer who has the franchise but is not an official distributor as the SA market is just to small for Shimano to worry about.

The noisiest retailer in SA is reputed to sell tons of back door imports which is why their prices are alleged to be the lowest around. But if they are back door imports surely the prices should be comparable to the big online retailers who are now blocked by their retail agreements to sell to SA?

It's all a bit of a mess, really.

Except that everyone is profiting at the end users expense.

Gosh I love my new campagnolo

They started making mtb stuff again ? :w00t:

Edited by Mongoose!