[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

The trees look like they are barely moving  :ph34r:

At that point in time there was not even a whisper of a wind.  Nudda.  Nothing.

Just added to the disappointment.  

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It still hurts man.  Still have not recovered from all the fish and chips and wine and 5kg up.

hehe, tbh, I was still dead tired after  the Tour of Good Hope and the route was shortened anyway so no proper sub-3 to chase so I was not particularly disappointed when they stopped us at the blue route  :ph34r:

hehe, tbh, I was still dead tired after  the Tour of Good Hope and the route was shortened anyway so no proper sub-3 to chase so I was not particularly disappointed when they stopped us at the blue route  :ph34r:

I think the MAJOR blow was not stopping us closer to a coffee stop in Muizenberg or Kalk bay. 

I mean come on!

Imagine the "top 300" fun riders pitching up at a coffee bar in the "middle" of the world famous August in March.

Could have had epic tweets.

Edited by Spinnekop

Apologies for hijacking the conversation with a mundane question such as this. I'm a Joburger who travelled down to CT for his "first" Argus in 2017 and obviously missed out with the wind...

Entered again but life has caught up and I won't be able to travel down. I just checked the event website and it seems substitutions closed on 01 March.

Just want to check with all the regulars whether there is any other way to do a substitution?

Cheers.

Apologies for hijacking the conversation with a mundane question such as this. I'm a Joburger who travelled down to CT for his "first" Argus in 2017 and obviously missed out with the wind...

Entered again but life has caught up and I won't be able to travel down. I just checked the event website and it seems substitutions closed on 01 March.

Just want to check with all the regulars whether there is any other way to do a substitution?

Cheers.

Nope. Not now.

Cheers.

Like I said to some dude trying to sell his seeding, if you ask nicely they will do it at the expo. But you must ask nicely.

If you ride under someone elses name and get caught it is a life ban for both of you. Hence no selling of seeding.

So officially substitutions are closed, but they will attempt to assist you if you ask. Nicely