Trying to give up or cut down on Sugar intake

Bonus

Sugar bad Xylitol good. Replace sugar with Xylitol.

I would replace sugar with my own chunder before resorting to Xylitol.

Sweeteners are like masturbation, ya it may feel kinda the same but really in the end you just f******* yourself...

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always very wary of sugar substitutions, especially now that they are finding out how harmful stuff like aspartame is. Why not bite the bullet, cut out the sweet stuff and let the palate re-adjust. Much better that way and less likely to go back to eating sweets than if you just replace one item with a lesser evil. 

giphy.gif

Call me a Philistine if you will but I won't drink bitter coffee and I drink a fair amount, I use sweetener .... Life is bitter enough at times!

I'm going to die from something [emoji41]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Call me a Philistine if you will but I won't drink bitter coffee and I drink a fair amount, I use sweetener .... Life is bitter enough at times!

You will die from bitter coffee... make it right and it's not bitter....

sugar is sugar buddy...

Here's an observation - if we as humans had evolved to eat sugar, why do our teeth rot when we do?

Evolution moves slower than our lifestyle changes, which is one reason why stress kills sedentary workers who are not being chased by dinosaurs and similar.

I'm going to try and throw the whole "needing something to be sweet" deal entirely, so no need for a substitute.

Edit: as shown above :-)

They are not that bad when had in moderation.

Sucralose is the best of the bunch.

You should maybe try coffee and not chicory. 

You should maybe try coffee and not chicory.

That's an assumption but I'll let it slide [emoji6]

I cut out sugar completely overnight, took about a week to get used to it, now 4 weeks later I cannot handle anything sweet, have no urge to eat sweets or chocolates, or use sugar in tea, coffee, cereal etc  

PHILISTINE... :devil:

I used to have my coffee with 4 sugars.... now its no sugars,  but I had to compensate , because it just didn't taste right... so increased the amount of coffee used.. having 5 teaspoons of Gov issue coffee per cup currently at work.

the thought of using artificial sweeteners just never tickled my fancy. and your taste bud change, go long enough with out the sweet stuff and you'd be surprised how you ever could stomach it.

Savages will call it bitter. Those that know, call it flavour.

When your palate becomes normalized after ditching sugar, you'll also find a new appreciation for food/drinks that can normally be described as bitter, like grapefruit, IPAs, red wine, nuts, ginger, various veggies (not made like your ouma's caramel sweet potatoes), and dark chocolate.

When your palate becomes normalized after ditching sugar, you'll also find a new appreciation for food/drinks that can normally be described as bitter, like grapefruit, IPAs, red wine, nuts, ginger, various veggies (not made like your ouma's caramel sweet potatoes), and dark chocolate.

Grapefruit? For real ... I'm old enough to be happy with my choices thanks

yussus those old afrikaner tannies smaaked gooing the sugar in their pampoen en soetpattat. My mother still wont cook without sugar.