All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

DDD lined up with some nice race numbers at Amstel Gold,

they had the whole 2018 podium, which returned a 52,18 and 41 position amongst them.

so far this season, UCI points:

Team DDD 754 

lines up behind 16 individual riders who have got more than our entire squad.

1  ALAPHILIPPE Julian 1420

2  FUGLSANG Jakob 1196

3  NAESEN Oliver 1190

4 ACKERMAN Pascal 1155

5 VAN DER POEL Mathieu 1099

6  YATES Adam 1093

7  ŠTYBAR Zdeněk 1030

8  ROGLIČ Primož 941,2

9  KRISTOFF Alexander 919

10  VAN AVERMAET Greg 905

11  BETTIOL Alberto 857

12  POLITT Nils 852

13  IMPEY Daryl 846

14  KWIATKOWSKI Michał 826

15  VAN AERT Wout 823

16  BERNAL Egan 780

time to REALLY start winning boys

Can't see DD4Q winning anything this year except through luck. 

their rider selection seems to suck

their tactics sucks. 

Most of the riders are over the hill

no young talent visible.

So why not give the young African riders more of a show. it won't hurt the teams classification

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

their tactics sucks. 

no young talent visible.

So why not give the young African riders more of a show. it won't hurt the teams classification

Hear hear!

#FreeDlamini

their tactics sucks. 

no young talent visible.

Ryan Gibbons have had a few opportunities and had some good results.

Louis Meintjies seem to be  unfortunately also be over the hill although not from Age. 

They have been looking better in the last two weeks , and I am not counting Cav's third place as that might as well be the Argus at 120 km. He does not have the fitness to challenge at longer distances.

Agree that it feels there tactics is not too clever most of the time which then end up leaving one rider against the other teams.

The team for tomorrow is strong on paper and Valgren should start getting stronger after his illness.

Don't see DD being around in the 2020 season.

Seems like they had all their hopes pinned on EBH and Cav......we know he cant stay on his bike :whistling:  :eek:

Well they killed Meintjies career. He went from a grand tour contender to no one since joining DD.

Well they killed Meintjies career. He went from a grand tour contender to no one since joining DD.

Really? So it’s not Louis that didn’t perform, it was DDs fault, and DD ruined his career? Please can you elaborate on that?

DD bet the house on LM, he was on one of the biggest salaries in the peloton, from one of the smallest team budgets.

But I’m interested to know how DD killed his career?

Edited by Patchelicious

I dont know.

How does the entire podium from last year not feature?

I have a bad feeling that something is not right at DDD. Or maybe the guys want to take a break from "help" and decide to go to DDD and they are the only team that has a real 0 tolerance stance.

I understand that it cant be easy, but something has gotta give. Winners go to DDD and never feature, no name leave DDD and they are on the podium.

Its frustrating.

I think that podium was more luck than anything, its not like a GVA, Gilbert, Fuglsang, Trentin, Matthews etc.

Yep with Continental teams having more points than them at the moment they are in the dwang.Note the team just behind hem is MvdP team so good chance they will overtake them as well.

I’m sorry but I just bring it down to poor management.

Everything from wrong rider purchases to wrong team selection for races.

Feel sorry for guys like Van Rensburg that are doing fantastic at the moment.

I would back him above Cav any day at the moment

post-540-0-11137500-1556029130_thumb.jpeg

Yep with Continental teams having more points than them at the moment they are in the dwang.Note the team just behind hem is MvdP team so good chance they will overtake them as well.

they're behind cofidis?

i didn't realise it was that bad!

Not so much retirement.... more a case of contract not renewed. From an inside source.

ok. but that happens all the time with budgets and rosters not always aligning. if you're good enough then other teams pick you up. or does it not work like that?

Rolling 12 months..

I think is would look even worse if it was from Jan 2019..

Really? So it’s not Louis that didn’t perform, it was DDs fault, and DD ruined his career? Please can you elaborate on that?

DD bet the house on LM, he was on one of the biggest salaries in the peloton, from one of the smallest team budgets.

But I’m interested to know how DD killed his career?

2016 - Top 10 at Olympics, TDF and Dauphine.

2017 - Top 10 TDF and Dauphine

And then he joins DD and all of a sudden he looses all form? Right...

Why was his racing schedule changed when he joined DD?

DD seem to have changed strategy at a team level and are going all in for the big wins, its a risky strategy because its all or nothing.

In the past they always had someone in the break for media coverage and the outside chance that the break would survive, it rarely did, but they racked up hours and hours of TV coverage with no points, except for Cav's stage wins and the odd surprise by Cummings or EBH, but it was very risky and often left them with no points at all.

So the new strategy is to get likely stage winners and classics guys in and forget about the early breaks, chase the serious ones and use up the team and then hope the contenders are in with a shout - but they havent been in contention!

So the only time we see DD is when they are trying to pull back the main break of the day - the other teams must be loving this, DD pulls when needed and then is nowhere in the finale.

Really though a massive amount comes down to luck too - just ask Valverde, van Avermat, Kwiatkowsky, Degenkolb etc etc, all of them looking for the illusive win to save their season... its not just DD. (Maybe we should be thankful they are not pinning their hopes on Morton, Haas et al).

If Eddy had just survived 1500m further in Schilepruys things would be so different.  

I'm still a believer.

The only people that regarded him ad a GT contender have been some South Africans.

He didn't develop more at Lampre/UAE either. One can say he didn't have support on the road.. but in fairness a lot of hopefuls don't, only those fortunate enough to ride for bigger teams do and frankly he isn't good enough to demand that he has more support on the road. He can't TT, is tactically really poor with his positioning in a group.. what he is is a guy that climbs pretty darn well, well enough to hang on.. he should be targeting KOM jerseys IMO.

Sorry to say but him and the Yates brothers came onto the scene at more or less the same time and he is miles behind them and that was clear to see at Lampre/UAE too.

Edited by Gen

a very good graph...but lets see what certain teams do while the grand tours take place..cant see MVdP and team racing and gathering points until the ENECO tour ( or its current name)...As for Cofidis...smaller races might provide points....the next 2 races in the ardennes will be important for DDD...the LM form is actually puzzling...its like he disappeared...but he is a grand tour rider...early days in the season yet...

that was clear to see at Lampre too.

At least you could see it at Lampre.

He finished 2nd young rider at the TDF. He had plenty of years to improve positioning and TT ability.