All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst is I actually want DD to do well :(

What kind of monster would actively wish for their demise.

True, but nobody would like to admit they start skinderstories right? :)

Absolutely, but unless DDD and Louis actually come out and say 'We are aware of the situation, it's because of XYZ or we made a mistake or We put our eggs in the wrong basket' etc, then people will speculate.

Especially with statements like 'I know whats wrong, they know whats wrong but we can't tell anyone'... 

This just makes me think 'sinister' as there is nothing other than sinister behaviour that wouldn't be supported whole heartedly after a humble statement.

I watch every race wishing they would do well. I get so excited when I see a white and green jersey anywhere near a break or the front of the group.

BUT I am running out of patience. They should get a PR person in to turn the negativity into support. 

Anyway, it was a fantastic classics season and I am excited for the Giro. The route looks nuts as usual and the field looks pretty open.

BUT I am running out of patience. They should get a PR person in to turn the negativity into support. 

I switched my Fandom to Mitchelton Scott. SA connection with Impey, Great Team full of characters AND a GC contender in Yates.

Sorry DD. I'm a big Dlamini fan but that's about as far as it stretches these days.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I switched my Fandom to Mitchelton Scott. SA connection with Impey, Great Team full of characters AND a GC contender in Yates.

Sorry DD. I'm a big Dlamini fan but that's about as far as it stretches these days.

Did you listen to the 'life in the peloton' podcast with Imps? He came across as such a decent guy and listening to his side for the doping story as well as switching into a leaders mindset as really interesting. 

https://lifeinthepeloton.com

Perhaps Mark C can sneak a win or at least a podium during the Yorkshire tour (2.HC) that starts today.  Looking at the rest of the DD team who will be riding I do not have much hope for any other riders getting a result........ maybe Tom-Jelte Slagter has an outside chance but I am clutching at straws.

The rider in DD who disappointed me the most this year is Michael Valgren. Unlike Louis, who  had good results in the past but never really won a big race, Valgren was actually winning races a year ago and now he is not getting even close. 

hummm... you seem to see a lot of that when people leave Astana. :whistling:  

What kind of monster would actively wish for their demise.

Someone that thinks a WT spot would be more deserving of a team with MvDP in it...

Which is a good point.

Doper.

Nicholas D cycles past my house through Muizenberg every day when he is home. He seems to be such a rad dude. Always smiling, always friendly and waving. I hear you.

I also dig the Michelton Scott team, but I haven't yet switched allegiance as such. I'm a pretty big Roglic fan too. 

Pity about the yates’s

Like tiger woods, I just can’t like them enough to become a fan boy

The rider in DD who disappointed me the most this year is Michael Valgren. Unlike Louis, who had good results in the past but never really won a big race, Valgren was actually winning races a year ago and now he is not getting even close.

Some of Valgren's wins were a bit unexpected to be fair..good wins but unexpected... but what he did have was a team with an actual plan.

me too and that's a tough decision because generally I only watch anything Australian to see them lose - but they have spirit like EF cannondale

Maybe the guy is depressed/suffers from a mental illness, can't find the right balance of meds, bad publicity and bad performances keep gnawing at his anxiety, so he just can't get better.

The only real "publicity" they get is here on this platform.. to be honest you don't really read much about them..The occasional cav article from some British press not much more than that... basically no one really speaks about them but some bike fans in SA..

Some of Valgren's wins were a bit unexpected to be fair..good wins but unexpected... but what he did have was a team with an actual plan.

Nail on the head. Watching DD race is like watching an u8 football match. All the players run in circles with no clear aim.