All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

Indeed. First if a few would be my guess.

Nobody wants to be involved in what is rapidly becoming the damp squid team of the Pro Tour.

Squib

I recently learnt it is damp squib, not squid. I know this, because Shaun Pollock recently said "damp squid" on air and r/cricket lost its collective ******* mind.

Edited by pe3nguin

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His win in stage 3 of tour of the alps 2018 not counting as racing then?

100% he won a stage but that wasn't what I was looking at. He's recently said in an interview that he doesn't know how to get in a break because he came straight up and directly into a GC role. He was frustrated in the tour that he couldn't adapt at all. Honestly it's not weird that he has been a pro since 2015 and he's not been in a break in a World Tour? That doesn't take away from his 2 wins at Swiss and Austria. 

There doesn't seem to be much of the apprenticeship for lot of the younger riders to learn the craft. Bet your life most of quickstep have have been in a break and in the first 4 seasons as a pro I'm sure you'll find a break or two for older riders like Valverde. It does seem to go with a general trend that GC riders shouldn't chase stages even if they are out of the running for their GC ambitions. Yes they are different approaches to a race but jeez its not like TDD has been clogging up the GC in the last few years, maybe shake it up, take some of the pressure off. 

Squib

I recently learnt it is damp squib, not squid. I know this, because Shaun Pollock recently said "damp squid" on air and r/cricket lost its collective ******* mind.

I already knew that. My autocorrect, it would appear, does not!

Squid. Squid. Nope. I need a smarter mobile phone.

100% he won a stage but that wasn't what I was looking at. He's recently said in an interview that he doesn't know how to get in a break because he came straight up and directly into a GC role. He was frustrated in the tour that he couldn't adapt at all. Honestly it's not weird that he has been a pro since 2015 and he's not been in a break in a World Tour? That doesn't take away from his 2 wins at Swiss and Austria. 

There doesn't seem to be much of the apprenticeship for lot of the younger riders to learn the craft. Bet your life most of quickstep have have been in a break and in the first 4 seasons as a pro I'm sure you'll find a break or two for older riders like Valverde. It does seem to go with a general trend that GC riders shouldn't chase stages even if they are out of the running for their GC ambitions. Yes they are different approaches to a race but jeez its not like TDD has been clogging up the GC in the last few years, maybe shake it up, take some of the pressure off. 

Will have to agree with you these.

Hopefully for the Vuelta they have moved focus completely to stages, hence LM performance yesterday.

Well that is the arriére du peleton covered.

Man I am getting frustrated with this DD bunch.

Agree, Read a few places about this strong team , but this just seem to be chance for the guys to say Good buy more than anything else.

Although they have some better results of late, with Valgren , Nizollo and Amanuel. Reini also looking good.

But I will be glad if Cav is no more part of the set up.

They need a clean out of the coaches as well and director sportifs, winners come into the team and just fade, getting beaten by the South African domestiques. 

Besides Nizzollo, rest have been useless.

Might have been mentioned prior but I see BMC indicated they won't be their bike sponsor after the off season.

The only brand standing in line is probably Titan.......

Mark Cavendish managed to crack the top 30 in the Tour of Britain. First TDD rider to cross the line. #ComeBack

Don’t know if I missed it but I don’t see Meintjies name in the top 100? The road has tilted upwards in a stage or 2 but he still has not cracked the top half of the starting list. He must be saving himeself for something special (like a contract termination)

If DD decides to call it a day would any of their riders be picked up by a pro tour team (not continental)?