All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

If DD decides to call it a day would any of their riders be picked up by a pro tour team (not continental)?

Nizollo

Gibbons

Reinhard

Vermote

Slegter

Valgren

Wyss

Gasparoto

Kreuziger

The problem comes in that there more riders looking for jobs than teams have available.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nizollo

Gibbons

Reinhard

Vermote

Slegter

Valgren

Wyss

Gasparoto

Kreuziger

The problem comes in that there more riders looking for jobs than teams have available.

u

You forgot Cav’. Love him of hate him, he would / will find a WT team (and is still part of the team) so should be added to that list.

Some forums are blaming a DD rider (EBH?) for switching and causing the crash.

That's what it looked like to me, He(not sure who but it was a TDD rider) clipped the wheel of the EF rider.  

Might have been mentioned prior but I see BMC indicated they won't be their bike sponsor after the off season.

The only brand standing in line is probably Titan.......

Wonder if SWIFT would ever consider sponsoring them? Then again, who wants to sponsor a team doing so badly.

I didn't forget him, I added a list of riders who I believe deserve a ride at WT. 

I took it as which riders would be picked up not who deserved to be there. Cav's performance outside of his own quotes wouldn't get him into many teams but he's still got the profile, the sponsor connections and media spotlight that will probably add enough benefit to go with much lower salary expectation. I'd imagine you'd see him in the WT next year. 

I took it as which riders would be picked up not who deserved to be there. Cav's performance outside of his own quotes wouldn't get him into many teams but he's still got the profile, the sponsor connections and media spotlight that will probably add enough benefit to go with much lower salary expectation. I'd imagine you'd see him in the WT next year. 

If you were the boss/guy paying the salaries, would you hire Cav as a WT rider? Maybe he is better suited these days to sitting in the passenger seat of the car talking to the guys on the radio.

If you were the boss/guy paying the salaries, would you hire Cav as a WT rider? Maybe he is better suited these days to sitting in the passenger seat of the car talking to the guys on the radio.

For me it would depend on a few things:

- If he brings sponsors

- His base wage, contract term and winning bonus structure

- Riders / staff he wants to bring

- What his personal plans are with the olympics coming up

- What his goals are for 2020 and how to measure success against the rest of the season

- What me an as owner would want out of it? Pure wins, a larger mentoring role for the team etc. 

- If his head is still in the sprinting game. It's a hard and confronting place and you have to go against fearless, younger riders without family etc. Is the desire to compete actually there not just the blinkered desire to win or to prove people wrong.  

He's in a sticky situation, Renshaw has gone, Bernie is out of contract, results for 2 seasons have been non existent, results since being medically cleared haven't exactly gone up, there are younger riders coming through, he's going to be 35 next season and that is getting well up there for a sprinter. 

It's a shame he's had 2+ years robbed from him and how that has impacted his careers results and TDD's results is a big one. In 2016 he was so good after being written off and to see this slow fade out isn't befitting. But again, he has been written off a lot before so...   

He'll definitely have great exposure for sponsors for another year especially with Le Tour and the record but unless something changes it might be a very romantic gambler who signs him up in 2020. Not sure how many of those are left running teams and want to loosen their purse strings on that premise. 

I see they've now rebranded as Team NTT?

It was always on the cards for the 2020 season. 

DD has mostly rebranded to NTT in the regions other than South Africa. In SA the DD brand is too strong to just change so it will probably stay for a while.

To who are these guys bringing their experience to the "team" if the whole team is just bringing experience???!!! :wacko:

They forget that its expected of them to get results.

Wonder if SWIFT would ever consider sponsoring them? Then again, who wants to sponsor a team doing so badly.

They get a lot of TV time, especially with Cummings patrolling the exit during the TDF

WRT to Cav, I'm not so sure he would want to stay at TDD/NTT ..his current efforts remind me of someone just making up the numbers because he has to be there