[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

Despite my best intentions Im not riding this year but will be supporting in full force with the little ones. Dont suppose anyone knows where to find cow bells similar to the pic anywhere in CT? They (read me) will really enjoy ringing the hell out of those as all the riders go past.

BfX98LFIQAACTl1.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what sorcery rmoves the selfie stick from the video?

just need to work on the shadow next!

That was the part of his pic yesterday that took a dump on my O.C.D.

The smell was lingering up to the point of clarification.

Posted in a watsapp group : "berig nou op KFM radio gewees, organiseerders sal nie huiwer om te cancel a.g.v. die wind 

voorspel tot 50km/h"

Posted in a watsapp group : "berig nou op KFM radio gewees, organiseerders sal nie huiwer om te cancel a.g.v. die wind

voorspel tot 50km/h"

... as it should be

I just use a standard selfie stick with low profile base to a Gopro Fusion, it's the software that does the black magic trickery. If the camera is way out, it fuses the two video files perfectly, less so if the stick is very short...

So the longer the stick the better......... #AllAboutTheStick

For those who have been to the expo... Any good deals to look out for? Planning on going tomorrow.

Also wondering if it is worth the effort to go vs getting someone to fetch our stuff there

For those who have been to the expo... Any good deals to look out for? Planning on going tomorrow.

Also wondering if it is worth the effort to go vs getting someone to fetch our stuff there

Just normal 10-20% off on most items I saw as I walked out

Despite my best intentions Im not riding this year but will be supporting in full force with the little ones. Dont suppose anyone knows where to find cow bells similar to the pic anywhere in CT? They (read me) will really enjoy ringing the hell out of those as all the riders go past.

BfX98LFIQAACTl1.jpg

Also want to know, looking for one for the Epic

No matter what happens come Sunday, I am sure that this edition will be one of the most talked about editions of the event for years to come.

I just hope that bout of rain predicted for Monday does not arrive early.... 50km/h wind is one thing to navigate on a bike, add in the driving rain and it becomes a whole new level of challenge.

Jealous and not jealous at the same time up here in Gauteng.

Stay safe guys!

:whistling:

Edited by Moridin

BfX98LFIQAACTl1.jpg

if you find these, don't fall for the XTR version sales pitch. not much lighter and performance is not noticeably better than the SLX range

Guys, you can calm down to a storm lol

As usual, unless not usual (e.g. 2009, 2017), the wind is a (medium) breeze and builds continuously as the day progresses. The 50km/h anticipated will "only" be around from late arvie. Make no mistake though, it will be blowing a nice headwind from start and closer to Cape Point will pick up significantly but not to such levels that it will need to be called off. Hanging my hat out there to blow away haha