[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

There was a terrible crash on misty cliffs in &, guy with broken ribs, friends on scene said was being sorted out with medics. Okes rear triangle snapped and rear wheel went on walk abouts!!

It sounded like a tyre blowout! I saw the wheel lying around, was wondering how hard to have to fall for the wheel to come out. Someone on the left had a pretty nasty OTB in the aftermath.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

60 bloody seconds!!!!!!!!!

That was Lekker, did a 3:01. Missed the crash at misty cliffs.

Good hard day out for the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoh, that was tough. Took some shots to the body. My time was more the half hour longer than last year. My son's time also.

Rode from 3G and the wind hammered us from Simon's Town to Smits. And through Sunny Valley it was no picnic either.

At least it is done and dusted, and all of my family is safe through it.

Edited by Moridin

It sounded like a tyre blowout! I saw the wheel lying around, was wondering how hard to have to fall for the wheel to come out. Someone on the left had a pretty nasty OTB in the aftermath.

I saw the catapulting bike on the left [emoji53]

sure it was a blow out - it definitely sounded like it. We were flying at that stage. Had to hammer the breaks skidding all over the place (about the 100th time for the day though :eek: )

it looked like a train wreck, a random wheel in the middle of the road, a saddle on the side and sadly a few guys looking like they were battling to get up.

Group shattered there after

Hope the fallen guys are all ok

There was a terrible crash on misty cliffs in &, guy with broken ribs, friends on scene said was being sorted out with medics. Okes rear triangle snapped and rear wheel went on walk abouts!!

I was caught up in that crash, single bike took out a tandems front wheel. I was the second bike into the pile, came out relatively unscathed. The one guy from the tandem was not looking great. I managed to limp home, wasn't fun though! I was the OTB guy haha

Edited by Big_Al

Yoh, that was tough. Took some shots to the body. My time was more the half hour longer than last year. My son's time also.

Rode from 3G and the wind hammered us from Simon's Town to Smits. And through Sunny Valley it was no picnic either.

At least it is done and dusted, and all of my family is safe through it.

What time did you do?

Also started in 3g, I think I whent a little to hard in the beginning, trying very hard to stay with the bunch through the blue route, just before Fish Hoek they spat me out.

I managed to find a group here and there and soldiered on for a 4:27 finish.

Why so many crashes in the front bunches. Can't you racing snakes ride a bike.  :whistling:

Did not see any from the mid bunches. Though there were a few numbnuts with their tandems that were testing our reflexes.

Zwift, etc. 

Why so many crashes in the front bunches. Can't you racing snakes ride a bike. :whistling:

Did not see any from the mid bunches. Though there were a few numbnuts with their tandems that were testing our reflexes.

Our bunch soft pedalled everytime there was a head wind. Yes I remained in the bunch, no way in hell I was going to pedal into that wind alone

What time did you do?

Also started in 3g, I think I whent a little to hard in the beginning, trying very hard to stay with the bunch through the blue route, just before Fish Hoek they spat me out.

I managed to find a group here and there and soldiered on for a 4:27 finish.

I struggled a bit here and there. Last year I did 4h16. I also struggled to get groups. They formed and split up all the damn time. Too many times I had to do an interval after following a dead wheel. Was definitely slower through Blue Route. Could not find one decent bunch through there.

Edited by Moridin

I was caught up in that crash, single bike took out a tandems front wheel. I was the second bike into the pile, came out relatively unscathed. The one guy from the tandem was not looking great. I managed to limp home, wasn't fun though!

My dad in 2C saw a solo guy on a tandem, clothes in tatters.

Why so many crashes in the front bunches. Can't you racing snakes ride a bike.  :whistling:

I only saw the one crash, but far too many concertina-effect near-misses.