Makro Cannondale

Eugene

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are here to answer and address all comments, concerns and queries around Cannondale Trail 5 & 7.

Yes, the prices are correct! We will be selling the Trail 7 for R3999 and Trail 5 for R4499 (both 2016 models).

Our distribution and merchandise teams believe that the Trail 7 should be in all Makro stores by Friday 21st September with the second drop of Trail 7 and Trail 5 stock coming into stores around the 5th October. Put your mind at ease and know that all the components are original and the bikes have not been de-specced in any way.

This is not a scam nor is it a Black Friday deal, Makro is here to ensure that you get more of what you want, at a better price. We have plenty of stock, but like all good things, they are not unlimited, (hint: we have more than 1 000 of these babies) and this is a store only deal. We will continue to communicate more information - this is exciting and our buyers have done a proper job on this one, so thanks for the interest.

P.S We are offering assembly by professional bike personnel at no extra cost.

P.P.S I am not supposed to do this but I'm gonna give you a sneak peek into next week's deal, starting 21 September. (see attached photo)

Hi,

Could you please give us a spec sheet which is a bit more detailed? Trail 5 fork (air or spring) , number of gears and any other info you may have at hand.

Thanks

Edited by Phatman

Factor in another grand or so to get a mechanic to strip and rebuild (bikes with the forks on backwards don't ride so great) and you've got maybe a R 1k saving over what you could get elsewhere (Sportsmans etc...)

If you're a reasonable DIY mechanic you could do most of it yourself, and you've got a bargain light duty MTB.

Omnico, Titan, Silverback and the like definitely won't be losing much sleep over this.

FWIW, for the bargain hunters, Omnico clear out dead stock on obike.co.za, and the price includes shipping to and building by your LBS of choice...

Big picture view:

Exciting times

May this get more peoples on bikes

Especially the kids and teenagers

Market / consumer / brand view:

Omnico Pty Ltd can do with some form of wake-up call or competition or sweaty palms as to improve their service and customer care.

Why is it that people seem to think that Distributors are evil money grabbers?

When I ran a bike shop in SA I had a pretty personal relationship with most Distributors and I gotta say they're pretty normal people doing pretty normal jobs.

The cars parked outside their premises are pretty normal and the way they live is pretty normal. Where are all the people that are making the huge cash by ripping us off? I certainly didn't see any...

Why is it that people seem to think that Distributors are evil money grabbers?

When I ran a bike shop in SA I had a pretty personal relationship with most Distributors and I gotta say they're pretty normal people doing pretty normal jobs.

The cars parked outside their premises are pretty normal and the way they live is pretty normal. Where are all the people that are making the huge cash by ripping us off? I certainly didn't see any...

I have owned seven Cannondales all bought through various Local bike shops distributed by Cape Cycle Systems and Omnico.

I have no issues what so ever with Omnico and have only ever received good service from them and the Cannondale Brand Manager.

Unfortuantly due to current financial constraints and the fact my daughter needs a new bike if I can pick up one of these Makro specials I will go for it.

From a mechanical point I have no problem with re - assembling the bike and have enough spare components that eventually I can build up a nice hard tail for my daughter who has outgrown her Cannondale 26er.

With the petrol price going mad, people will be buying these for transport, never mind for trail riding.

Come to think about it, now that the weather has gone proper summer again, it is a perfect time to restart the old cycling commute. The fuel saved is a bonus.

I have owned seven Cannondales all bought through various Local bike shops distributed by Cape Cycle Systems and Omnico.

I have no issues what so ever with Omnico and have only ever received good service from them and the Cannondale Brand Manager.

Unfortuantly due to current financial constraints and the fact my daughter needs a new bike if I can pick up one of these Makro specials I will go for it.

From a mechanical point I have no problem with re - assembling the bike and have enough spare components that eventually I can build up a nice hard tail for my daughter who has outgrown her Cannondale 26er.

Makro schmakro, omnico schmomnico, who cares ?

Great brand at a great price, its a no brainer buying one of these bikes.