Makro Cannondale

Eugene

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how legit this website is but...

https://epicsportsonline.co.za/product/cannondale-trail-5/

There is no way makro could be flogging these at R4500. Maybe they strip all the decent components off at only allow online purchases so that you are unable to inspect the condition. 

You never know. One of my LBS's recently dropped its price on a new Cervelo from like R55k to something like R30k. The profit margins on new bikes are very thick, especially on the top end. Makro might be more interested in moving large quantities at a small margin than bike shops that look for those odd big bike sales.

EfmCQzg.png

If it's legit, then I might support it, depending on build/components.  I want a cheap bike (sub R5k) that I can possibly commute with, without fearing it might explode/implode during a relaxed cruise...

But since I am subscribed to Makro's spam and didn't get the SMS, I'm assuming that Bloemfontein will be left out of the loop, as usual.

You never know. One of my LBS's recently dropped its price on a new Cervelo from like R55k to something like R30k. The profit margins on new bikes are very thick, especially on the top end. Makro might be more interested in moving large quantities at a small margin than bike shops that look for those odd big bike sales.

Yeah LBS's make millions....massive profit margins....best retail business to have