Awkward Question

catherine123

Howzit guys,

I have an odd and awkward question for the readers.... :rolleyes:

I am super duper new to this sport so I thought I would ask cyberspace first, instead of posing this in person to some random - #lol

What do you do if you need a "comfort break" either just before starting a super early ride or during a super early ride? Especially for female riders?

I don't have any clue of what cycling etiquette is on this topic?

Thanks...! 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Howzit guys,

I have an odd and awkward question for the readers.... :rolleyes:

I am super duper new to this sport so I thought I would ask cyberspace first, instead of posing this in person to some random - #lol

What do you do if you need a "comfort break" either just before starting a super early ride or during a super early ride? Especially for female riders?

I don't have any clue of what cycling etiquette is on this topic?

Thanks...!

Hi Catherine, you tell the group to stop..Everybody to look away. And you do the job behind the nearest bush. It is really not an issue.

The awkward part is actually trying to get out of the bib short...

I, inevitably, decide to not go full monty and take it off, but rather stand there crouched over like Quasimodo trying to not pee on myself. I did this behind a chrome water tanker during the 94.7. Being a lady you shouldn't have this problem though.

the rule is .....if the peleton stops for one rider to pee then everyone stops and pees together - usually in a line along the road edge in that crippled hunchback stance required when you try to pee while wearing bib shorts - helmets and glasses and gloves are not removed .

for a lady i think possibly a clean piece of inner tube would make things easier :whistling: 

its cycling you will get used to it ^_^ 

Edited by bikebloke

Don't some ladies' bibs have zips on the back to make the task a little less awkward?

They do. Anatomic and Ciovita spring to mind. Specialized also has a clip system on the back strap after the Y-joint. I'm sure there are many other brands with similar designs.

The funniest thing is during an expedition race, first pee is usually behind a bush out of sight of the team but after 5 days of racing you lucky if your team mate even takes a step away from you to pee, luckier if they not peeing on your leg..