Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

[emoji22] been working my ass off the past week. This morning I hear the words in the corridor “is there enough work for François, or can I send him home...?”

We spoke about some labour related matters and got the clear message that this week might be the last week. I am devastated to say the least. The one guy made an early return from sick leave so I am not needed anymore.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[emoji22] been working my ass off the past week. This morning I hear the words in the corridor “is there enough work for François, or can I send him home...?”

We spoke about some labour related matters and got the clear message that this week might be the last week. I am devastated to say the least. The one guy made an early return from sick leave so I am not needed anymore.

keep the faith.

This is a reference - one that proves you CAN contribute, despite the cancer !!

This reference may well be worth more than all your previous ones ....

May this open many doors for you !!!  :thumbup:

Got a nasty surprise today.

Momentum paid for a blood transfusion that I did not receive. They had the blood ready, but I did not need the blood, so the blood was returned to the blood-bank.

Then we received a R27500 bill from the hospital, because momentum decided that a procedure that was done in theater will only be partially paid. We had authorized all the procedures.

I had a barium x-ray done of my colon, in hospital pre-op R2609 that they took from our health saver. Momentum states that the amount of liquid was overused.

This from a medical aid that states this...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200217/1aedb3a7c78e177764f6597138d50f59.plist

f4f4f3cd00258427cfa8a5361e4a5594.jpg

So feel let down by Momentum. All sorts of hidden costs that we get slammed with.

Momentum paid for a blood transfusion that I did not receive. They had the blood ready, but I did not need the blood, so the blood was returned to the blood-bank.

Then we received a R27500 bill from the hospital, because momentum decided that a procedure that was done in theater will only be partially paid. We had authorized all the procedures.

I had a barium x-ray done of my colon, in hospital pre-op R2609 that they took from our health saver. Momentum states that the amount of liquid was overused.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200217/1aedb3a7c78e177764f6597138d50f59.plist

So feel let down by Momentum. All sorts of hidden costs that we get slammed with.

Looking at this, I keep on wonder why I even still pay medical aid.  Ours used to cover alot, now 90% we have to pay cash, nothing is covered anymore.. no dental, no glasses, no doc visits , and we on the 2nd highest option with savings.

told my wife it will be better to take the money we pay each month, put it into money market.  We will have within 1 year more than we spend on all medical bills on average for last 10 year , and that includes alot of hospital visits, hysterectomy , neurologist vistits , glasses, dentists etc.

Bastids  :thumbdown:

Looking at this, I keep on wonder why I even still pay medical aid.  Ours used to cover alot, now 90% we have to pay cash, nothing is covered anymore.. no dental, no glasses, no doc visits , and we on the 2nd highest option with savings.

told my wife it will be better to take the money we pay each month, put it into money market.  We will have within 1 year more than we spend on all medical bills on average for last 10 year , and that includes alot of hospital visits, hysterectomy , neurologist vistits , glasses, dentists etc.

We had exactly same feeling end of 2017. So we dropped a level on our medical aid, because the previous 10+ years they smoked us with premiums.

Then BAM! January 2019 I snap my achilles, emergency op plus follow ups, physio etc: R 43 000 - all paid by medical aid.

Oct 2019 I get diagnosed with aggressive prostate cancer - biopsy, tests, scans, meds, operation, follow ups etc: R 194 000 - all paid by medical aid.

If we had done what you say end of 2017, we would have just been able to carry 2019 and in deep s..t now - my cancer has not gone away, so now it is new scans, chemo and what else...

Anyone who works for Momentum?

They paid for a blood transfusion that I did not receive. So we told them we did not need the blood and the blood went back to the blood-bank.

Now Momentum per e-mail said we must contact the service provider, get a letter and send it to Momentum.

Like in what the hell! We pay them a premium and we need to do all the work?

Update:

I am feeling very good. It is great not to be stuck at home the whole time. Still taking my anti depressants and almost off my pain meds. About 3 of the 7 nights I would take one pain pill (after a very long day in the car or if I had to pick up a lot of notebooks)

Just have a nasty hole where the doctor started the cut for the liver resection (my own fault, not the doctors) so just have to tend to it and pick up less stuff.

Again I have to thank my Hubber family for all your help, supports and prayers.

Have one operation that I still need to book, but need to recover a little more before I go for the operation

So glad you are feeling better, besides the medical aid fiasco! Unfortunately the way medical aids treat us is because of all the aholes who milk the system, hell there was even a doctor where I used to live who would let you draw money on your medical aid, seriously wtf!

But anyway always lekker to see a post from you, testimony to your kickass status! Keep it up!

This is just the best...

From the Blood People...

Good morning

I received the query today.

I viewed the items on the invoice and we charged emergency one way fee, emergency transfusion test and 2 units of blood

No blood on returnable basis fees - This means any blood ordered without blood returnable basis fees(container) blood items will be charged even if they are returned within window period.

Blood ordered with blood on returnable basis fees must be returned to us within 11hours

For any other queries you can contact me

Regards

How the hell do these leaches think we know all the facts and procedures.  We now paid a crap load of money for nothing.  And I bet that the blood was used for someone else and invoiced.

Update:

I am feeling very good. It is great not to be stuck at home the whole time. Still taking my anti depressants and almost off my pain meds. About 3 of the 7 nights I would take one pain pill (after a very long day in the car or if I had to pick up a lot of notebooks)

Just have a nasty hole where the doctor started the cut for the liver resection (my own fault, not the doctors) so just have to tend to it and pick up less stuff.

Again I have to thank my Hubber family for all your help, supports and prayers.

Have one operation that I still need to book, but need to recover a little more before I go for the operation

I tip my hat to you Cois... you're a legend! Keep it up, keep trucking on!

And you know what's even more unfair - they charge for blood which they got for a cookie and a little cup of game  :whistling:

Life is not fair but alas this is the life we currently live in! I am very glad that things are turning up, all the best

This is just the best...

From the Blood People...

Good morning

I viewed the items on the invoice and we charged emergency one way fee, emergency transfusion test and 2 units of blood

No blood on returnable basis fees - This means any blood ordered without blood returnable basis fees(container) blood items will be charged even if they are returned within window period.

Blood ordered with blood on returnable basis fees must be returned to us within 11hours

Regards

How the hell do these leaches think we know all the facts and procedures.  We now paid a crap load of money for nothing.  And I bet that the blood was used for someone else and invoiced.

This is just the best...

From the Blood People...

Good morning

Regards

was yours a planned procedure? if so...then blood products should not have been ordered as an emergency basis...you might have a case if so....

This is just the best...

From the Blood People...

Good morning

Regards

I would demand the blood I paid for!!!

This is why none of my immediate family or friends donate blood, the industry may save lives but then this just irks me!!!!

And you know what's even more unfair - they charge for blood which they got for a cookie and a little cup of game :whistling:.

I mean its like paying for fuel when they get the oil from the earth for free.

Its a little bit more involved. SANBS pays for the equipment to extract the blood, they pay the person doing it, they pay for trandport, they pay for extensive testing etc etc

I mean its like paying for fuel when they get the oil from the earth for free.

Its a little bit more involved. SANBS pays for the equipment to extract the blood, they pay the person doing it, they pay for trandport, they pay for extensive testing etc etc

100%, but they billed for a product in full that they then got back.

Surely only a handling fee is sufficient. Unless the product is unsusable due to temp fluctuations, etc. This is doubtful though.....