The Munga 2019

Ramrod

What a laugh. Okes moaning because the leaders of an obscure event that only us really watches decided to finish together.

If this was a grand tour, with tens of millions invested into sponsorship, tv rights, prize money etc, then maybe we would have a right to judge, but to bitch and moan about the result of some tiny, largely unknown event in SA as if the riders somehow owe you entertainment is just ludicrous. Those guys owe us nothing. They paid their entry, they did the training, they bought their bikes, they made time to be there. As far as I know, neither of them were paid to be there. What they choose to do or not is **** all to do with the rest of us.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I do love a good memeMEmE drama. I wanted them to race I wanted a result I wanted a winner I will not watch next year I have an opinion I think everyone is getting soft.

Me me me me me. It aint about you snowflake. It's about Kevin and Thinus.

Wow  !!!

Did not realize that Anri is no spring chicken either at 49.

Currently 21st overall   --   sit vir die mans ore aan.

And as cool as a cucumber and relaxed - would never say she's done 865km.

Go girl.

Edited by porqui

I disagree.

It's a race.

You race to the line,and the best man wins. They called the truce so far out I lost interest. Bainskloof ascent would have separated them and the final single track would not have made a difference.

Massive respect to both of them for the ride, but I think this was a bad idea.

Imagine a 2 man breakaway gets to the velodrome in roubaix and they shake hands and cross together?

Something happened between these two athletes on the open plains that none of us will be able to grasp.

The word that could somehow be used to describe the ... is camaraderie

Or Ubuntu ????

Edited by 'Dale

What a laugh. Okes moaning because the leaders of an obscure event that only us really watches decided to finish together.

If this was a grand tour, with tens of millions invested into sponsorship, tv rights, prize money etc, then maybe we would have a right to judge, but to bitch and moan about the result of some tiny, largely unknown event in SA as if the riders somehow owe you entertainment is just ludicrous. Those guys owe us nothing. They paid their entry, they did the training, they bought their bikes, they made time to be there. As far as I know, neither of them were paid to be there. What they choose to do or not is **** all to do with the rest of us.

Yes, so obscure that some of the top endurance racers from overseas are racing it. I'm sure Alex Harris will appreciate that comment.

Ultra-Endurance racing has never been a mainstream sport, most probably never will be.

I don't give a rats ass if they held hands singing khumbaya while crossing the finish line together. What grates my nuts is that the decision was made with 80km's still to race. Whoever brought it up in the first place, smells of someone who's afraid of coming second/loosing. The fact that it was accepted by the other party pretty much says the same.

This is technically a race but at the same time it’s an endurance event of massive proportions. If these guys have diced and decided they couldn’t break each other then the decision to cross together should be respected. Deciding this race on a sprint is not the same as Roubaix. Anyone who is disappointed can start training now and sprint to the Munga 2021 win

Exactly !

Yes, so obscure that some of the top endurance racers from overseas are racing it. I'm sure Alex Harris will appreciate that comment.

Ultra-Endurance racing has never been a mainstream sport, most probably never will be.

I don't give a rats ass if they held hands singing khumbaya while crossing the finish line together. What grates my nuts is that the decision was made with 80km's still to race. Whoever brought it up in the first place, smells of someone who's afraid of coming second/loosing. The fact that it was accepted by the other party pretty much says the same.

You were not there, you do not know what these guys have gone through, you have no idea of the dynamics of the situation.  Take your itchy nuts and get on the start line to appreciate, else take your comfy armchair watching elsewhere next year if it's that much of an issue for you!!

China - obscure in the context of, apart from families and friends of those riding, plus the hub population representatives, I would be surprised (although I don’t know) of many others watched or followed the race. Their YouTube channel is not really used and they hardly have a massive social media presence. My point was more about them not riding for our entertainment.

Frankly, if they chose to ride across the lines whilst gently fondling each other’s testicles, having decided to do so 6 weeks before, then that is their business. Do you think that they are riding to entertain you somehow?