Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

My real caution around this all is professional bodies and criminal records. A lot of professional bodies will take it seriously and revoke professional status/registration. In our house we are 2 professionals who could lose a fair amount so it is in our long term career interests to keep noses clean.

However, you only get a criminal record if you pay the admission of guilt fine or are sentenced in court. you are free to be arrested, charged and get out on bail pending the court case (I would recommend this, though not a legal opinion just common sense).

As indicated before I see blanket amnesty coming. BUT if you have paid an admission of guilt fine the record will stick, unless you go to court to get it expunged.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I promised I'd never do this but I'm trying to illustrate a point with this.

I drove to blue route mall to go buy a new laptop this morning. It's beyond the P.O.T. but of course I was in my car so therefore it's completely safe. I saw 7 cyclists out well beyond the 9.00 be cowering inside your home deadline. But fear not. I saw far more pedestrians ruining it for the many who were cowering behind their front doors. But were they exercising, commuting or homeless?

But when I got to Blueroute I was shocked. The parking lot was packed and there were hundreds of people inside.

The lockdown is a hoax people. The only thing locked down at the moment is the economy.

What I have been saying for a few weeks already, Lockdown only applies to the leafy suburbs and businesses that stand to loose a lot if they open.

Damn go to the poorer 'burbs (Formerly poor white, colour, mixed race, black) and see everyone doing as they please sans masks etc.

Lockdown is a joke. most people serving you in the supermarkets are not living in an environment that is conducive to lockdown so you are always at risk.

So when I look at Strava I see a bunch of guys posting their 60km loop far out of the 5km mark with comments like "Nice group side with the xyz Family and abc. The coffee stop was great"

So when I whatsapped him to just say that I don't care what you do, how you do it or where you do it but please dont publicly post it as it jepordise it for everyone when they decide to look at Strava.

The responce I got was "Ja maar almal doen dit"... and to this time the Strava is still up with 40 likes and even comments of "Nice!"

You know what... I have a IDT and it works for me. Let them take it away so those that "Ja maar almal doen dit" can then go sit on their hands again and then they only have themself to blame. Common sense don't seem to be so common after all 

This pisses me off, Domb boxes. If you are going to flaunt the rules (because you can) do not post the ride, or make it private. Grr Die dom K@&t3!

Huh...sorry, do NOT count on this...just follow the rules of the lockdown, simple.

I will continue to take my chances. Do you even know where the roadblocks are? the whole thing is a joke. If you want to smuggle contraband you also do not even have to do much research. 

If you use common sense and avoid the "hotspots" you will be fine. 

Too many people have not ventured outside to see what is happening in the real world. If they had they would know this lockdown is a joke.

Just wait a few more days, read the Gazette and get the REAL version ....

Well the one that will be valid for two or three days till some minister decides we can wear shorts over our jeans.

I will continue to take my chances. Do you even know where the roadblocks are? the whole thing is a joke. If you want to smuggle contraband you also do not even have to do much research. 

If you use common sense and avoid the "hotspots" you will be fine. 

Too many people have not ventured outside to see what is happening in the real world. If they had they would know this lockdown is a joke.

this needs a fred i think.....just because we all like looking out for each other haha. like that waze app right?

before someone gets their speedkop on.....i have a dompas so i'm allowed to travel.

I'll start:

- spent the whole morning a few days ago in the CBD...nothing.

- there are no roadblocks on the n1 outgoing between CBD and durbanroad offramp (the furthest ive had to go that way). From Bellville (TFG group side) to durbanville....not one single cop spotted....not even infront of the police stations. maybe they are all somewhere else....

- there is sometimes a roadblock on the n1 inbound just after the m5 joins...where the speedlimit changes to 80/60. Good choke point. so just take the salt river exit into voortrekker. 

- there used to be a military roadblock right before the n2 passover by the castle on Albert/strand....but there is a barracks there so they just open the gate and roll onto the pavement anyway. they are not there anymore either.

- my bike has taken me through walmer estate, district 6, woodstock, saltriver, observatory newlands, rondebosch, pinelands....not one single choppie spotted. Going by the pictures they are all at the beaches....you know...to keep those surfers in their place....tough job

:whistling:

Edited by morneS555

So when I look at Strava I see a bunch of guys posting their 60km loop far out of the 5km mark with comments like "Nice group side with the xyz Family and abc. The coffee stop was great"

So when I whatsapped him to just say that I don't care what you do, how you do it or where you do it but please dont publicly post it as it jepordise it for everyone when they decide to look at Strava.

The responce I got was "Ja maar almal doen dit"... and to this time the Strava is still up with 40 likes and even comments of "Nice!"

You know what... I have a IDT and it works for me. Let them take it away so those that "Ja maar almal doen dit" can then go sit on their hands again and then they only have themself to blame. Common sense don't seem to be so common after all 

Do you honestly think any saps is going to goon strava and prosecute anyone that doesn't stick to the rules? Or rather, do you think they even know about strava, and are that hard-working to even bother.

Sounds a bit like a Karen move to me. 

1*eFr7mEZlFcXSacSVC-A9rA.gif

also, us smart ones dont have public strava profiles either...

:ph34r: 

edit: i'll elaborate...would you like a possible 'in the know' syndicate to see exactly where you start and finish your rides?....or where he can corner you next Thursday morning around 06:15  :whistling: 

Edited by morneS555

also, us smart ones dont have public strava profiles either...

:ph34r: 

edit: i'll elaborate...would you like a possible 'in the know' syndicate to see exactly where you start and finish your rides?....or where he can corner you next Thursday morning around 06:15  :whistling: 

Do you ride with your tinfoil hat on under your helmet or does it fit over it like an aero extension?

Any bets on what "relaxed exercise regulations" is going to mean?

Trail access?
longer hours?

extended circle of doom borders?

surfing?

Do you honestly think any saps is going to goon strava and prosecute anyone that doesn't stick to the rules? Or rather, do you think they even know about strava, and are that hard-working to even bother.

Sounds a bit like a Karen move to me. 

1*eFr7mEZlFcXSacSVC-A9rA.gif

Yeah, SAPS doesn't give a teeny tiny rats arse. Even more so now that the exercise restrictions are being changed in the coming days.

Any bets on what "relaxed exercise regulations" is going to mean?

Trail access?

longer hours?

extended circle of doom borders?

I'm not sure. The Riverfields MTB park up the road has been open since level 4 started.

Yes

Yes.