Lockdown lessons

hansolo

Surely yes. It works. "happy me, happy she" is not quite it, but I don't entertain tantrums. Not from my 2 year old, nor from her mother. I never have, and I sure as anything am not about to start now. If she can't have a civil discourse, then there is no discourse.

Many years back my Mum used to pull a similar stunt - lose her temper, pack a case, stand at the front door telling everybody she was leaving. Worked like a charm when everybody begged her not to go.

Then I hit my teens...

She was stood there next to her case saying goodbye (again) and I simply picked up the case, opened the door and asked where she wanted me to take it to. She never pulled that stunt again.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You did well at 18 months; we found that after 3 to 4 weeks or so the browns actually started disintegrating in hard use areas. A few rainy season wet and dry cycles may not have helped. At least it was warm.

I wore the same 3 sets of browns through my two years , 6 camps and monthly parades at my home unit. And the same boots

Never grew , gained or lost weight in those 8 years. I only weigh 4 kgs more now  40 years later

Edited by I FLY

I’ve never struggled to leave a post alone as much as this one...

Maybe it is my lockdown lesson. Ons almal is anders.

2nd Edit. Not your post CFM.

3rd Edit. Not sure why but I always listen to these guys when I’m miffy. Enjoy this nr.

That video is horrendous. Song's pretty kiff though!

hahahaha I love how lockdown is giving okes marriage Councillor licenses too now!

Robbie, if that works for you, rad.

I prefer to go out of my way to make sure my wife is happy so that she goes out of her way to make sure I'm happy.

We do occasionally have words, but usually because one of us has been selfish and/or not considered the other.

I'm very happy knowing I make my wife happy. I did marry her because I love her and want the best for her. 

She is also a saint... The first few years we were together I did Expedition races and Freedom challenge and more expedition races all over the place and she stuck with me through all that despite coming home with Typhoid and a few other tropical diseases.

Our home is a positive, safe space which we all benefit from, especially in these quite trying, stressful times.

hahahaha I love how lockdown is giving okes marriage Councillor licenses too now!

I prefer to go out of my way to make sure my wife is happy so that she goes out of her way to make sure I'm happy.

We do occasionally have words, but usually because one of us has been selfish and/or not considered the other.

I'm very happy knowing I make my wife happy. I did marry her because I love her and want the best for her.

She is also a saint... The first few years we were together I did Expedition races and Freedom challenge and more expedition races all over the place and she stuck with me through all that despite coming home with Typhoid and a few other tropical diseases.

Our home is a positive, safe space which we all benefit from, especially in these quite trying, stressful times.

The lockdown has been the first two weeks were my wife* and I have not even remotely annoyed each other.

*Life saving edit

Edited by Patchelicious

Wide-eyed and legless?

The lockdown has been the first two weeks were my wide and I have not even remotely annoyed each other.

Oh my gaawwd what a typo

Observation...the subconscious mind is quite powerful...

Although, your "get out of jail card" being that the 2 letters are next to each other on the keyboard is very plausible!!!  

The lockdown has been the first two weeks were my wife* and I have not even remotely annoyed each other.

*Life saving edit

The lockdown has been the first two weeks were my wide and I have not even remotely annoyed each other.

What a cute nickname! 

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

if she finds this, she'll donner you. The kids will, too...

There are no Life Saving edits on the Hub! 

:-)

I also love my wife, tremendously. I did not think I needed to explicitly mention all I do around the house as I was going on about wives giving their men k@k during lockdown. My rant was that I won't entertain that.

But what I do is wash the dishes (even after I braaied). I bath, dress, change nappies (both 1 & 2) on my 2 y.o. daughter. I wash the cars, I mow the lawn unless my wife got to it first like this morning when she was at it before 09:00 a.m. I iron my own clothes since she point blank refuses to iron anything. I help her house cleaning such as doing the kitchen and bathrooms while she vacuums and dusts. I clean up after myself, and my daughter, and I feed the cats.

All I was going on about was that my wife does not come bitch at me if I am  not "doing it right". If she does not like what I am doing, then she knows that all I'm going to do is step away and let her have at it herself. What I refuse to do is for her to ask me to help, and then listen to a bitch and moan session in the name of being a "whipped and domesticated metro man".

My pa het my beter as dit grootgemaak. Ek is man, nie 'n muis nie.

Observation...the subconscious mind is quite powerful...

Although, your "get out of jail card" being that the 2 letters are next to each other on the keyboard is very plausible!!!  

That would make sense to a rational person, I told her about this typo and post, she is not rational right now. And I need to retract my statement about not being in trouble for 2 weeks :(

That long Easter ride...on your bike...may be mandatory now.

That would make sense to a rational person, I told her about this typo and post, she is not rational right now. And I need to retract my statement about not being in trouble for 2 weeks :(