Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

40 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

Sometimes is not cyclists vs white bakkies, sometimes its the cyclist in the white bakkies that are the problem....

Jumping a whole queue of cars, all waiting to turn, and a red light to go and park himself IN the middle of the intersection, only to go pull off next to the beach 1km later..... not a good look!

NicTheDic.jpg

Hope he paid for his parking...🙆‍♂️

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Patchelicious said:

He is a fellow cyclist so I wouldn't want to throw him under the bakkies just yet. But he drove like douche and was found out.

Not a great performance given his high profile ride @ the Epic in a few weeks...

1 hour ago, Patchelicious said:

Sometimes is not cyclists vs white bakkies, sometimes its the cyclist in the white bakkies that are the problem....

Jumping a whole queue of cars, all waiting to turn, and a red light to go and park himself IN the middle of the intersection, only to go pull off next to the beach 1km later..... not a good look!

NicTheDic.jpg

So what you saying is he was in the right side lane that has an arrow pointing straight head and jumped the queue of cars on the left side all turning left.....?

I would have expected to see an irate drive in the left lane with an arm out of the window...

Doesn't appear that he jumped a red light because the image shows its red for East bound traffic and therefore green for North South bound traffic.

Do we know if he asked politely to tun left after changing his mind re parking opportunity (york Road vs beach front?

Picture tells a 1000 words but those words are necessarily the truth (but likely the truth from a point of view)

3 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

NicTheDic.jpg

I don't see the issue from this picture. 

has turned left from main road which has a green.

assume this is the sauce, context needed if you're here @Patchelicious

Edited by Shebeen

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

So what you saying is he was in the right side lane that has an arrow pointing straight head and jumped the queue of cars on the left side all turning left.....?

I would have expected to see an irate drive in the left lane with an arm out of the window...

Doesn't appear that he jumped a red light because the image shows its red for East bound traffic and therefore green for North South bound traffic.

Do we know if he asked politely to tun left after changing his mind re parking opportunity (york Road vs beach front?

Picture tells a 1000 words but those words are necessarily the truth (but likely the truth from a point of view)

Wonder if ND was even driving the white ford bakkie ?

All my life to drive a car with my name written on it.... famous and sponsored meh... this is exactkly why i would not 😬

34 minutes ago, KingZA said:

Maybe he was frothing for a surf! The waves are pretty good at The Berg today 😂

I was also thinking the same! He wanted to get there before the on shore picked up and gave the waves a wobble.

He has definitely turned from the right hand 'straight' lane. He is way too far from the curb to be in the correct lane. 

As annoying as that is, the cyclists blow through that red light from the fish hoek side more often that not. No one even looks left or in front of them for people crossing the road or leaving to and from the synagogue. 

As a 'Berg local I run up there most days on my way to the mountain and it's a cyclist free for all. 

I treat that intersection as though I don't trust anyone to do anything they are supposed to when they are supposed to! Wicky wicky wild wild west stuff

reply from @Patchelicious

not really evident from the photo, but if i get this right he jumped the queue of people waiting, and then turned in front of them. sort of makes sense from the angle he is turning, but don't see the cars he has pushed infront of.

That is not on. even more *** to do it in a company/branded car.

Not many things piss me off more than impatient people who sit in the middle of the robot in traffic, stopping flow for everyone.

https://www.google.co.za/maps/@-34.1064962,18.4680048,3a,75y,182.24h,85.25t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s7xS4-pPzn7btYwhXHRthaA!2e0!5s20170801T000000!7i13312!8i6656

FYI on a side note, main road is north/south, going on to Atlantic towards BP would be East. but you a vaalie so I don't expect you to know directions. Especially since you obviously just bought a jungle burger from chef niren.

I hope you didn't take this picture from your car whilst driving, that would be naughty naughty (but we all do it)!!

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

I was also thinking the same! He wanted to get there before the on shore picked up and gave the waves a wobble.

He has definitely turned from the right hand 'straight' lane. He is way too far from the curb to be in the correct lane. 

As annoying as that is, the cyclists blow through that red light from the fish hoek side more often that not. No one even looks left or in front of them for people crossing the road or leaving to and from the synagogue. 

As a 'Berg local I run up there most days on my way to the mountain and it's a cyclist free for all. 

I treat that intersection as though I don't trust anyone to do anything they are supposed to when they are supposed to! Wicky wicky wild wild west stuff

The onshore was pumping already, the spot on Badenpowel was jammed. Never surfed there, never would with that island visible from the beach! 

57 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I hope you didn't take this picture from your car whilst driving, that would be naughty naughty (but we all do it)!!

To be honest, yes I took the picture from the diver side of the car. I was not moving as the white bakkies parked across the road had stopped the traffic. It was not right of me, I fully accept that.

Yes it was him, as I stopped next to him when he pulled off

4 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

So what you saying is he was in the right side lane that has an arrow pointing straight head and jumped the queue of cars on the left side all turning left.....? Yes

I would have expected to see an irate drive in the left lane with an arm out of the window... Out of shot.

Doesn't appear that he jumped a red light because the image shows its red for East bound traffic and therefore green for North South bound traffic. Because when he did it, it was green, lights change. This isn't a clip from a dash cam, it took a few seconds to get the picture taken.

Do we know if he asked politely to tun left after changing his mind re parking opportunity (york Road vs beach front? We don't I do, he wasn't planning on parking there as he drove all the way to park at Reactrion Rd. 

Yeah you are right, I didn't PROVE, to you that this is what happened, but I am known for lying so please take what I say with pinch of salt. 🙄 

Edited by Patchelicious

So yesterday on my drive home I was dutifully awaiting my turn in the endless queue to turn onto Malibongwe from the N7 by Dunoon. As usual, idjits were doing the same as ND was doing in his Ford by driving up the right hand turn lane and cutting left at the end to get ahead, but in the meanwhile all of the rest of us obeying the rules get consistently cut-off.

Cue my Isuzu DC. I got gatvol after the umpteenth time and decided to roll right over the island built for the traffic light and cut the morons doing the cut-off manoeuvre off from accessing the lanes. 

I got a large cheer from the onlookers who I let go to the left of me while the idjits to the right of me just had to look on and wait for me to open the lane again.

Sometimes, a bakkie is useful for more than doing dwis things. Sometimes you can block a dwis from infecting others with their dwisness

30 minutes ago, Andreas_187 said:

Did anyone actually see Nic driving this bakkie? 

All I see is "proud supporter of ND" 

It doesn't say "driven by ND" 

Reading skills dude.

3 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

Yes it was him, as I stopped next to him when he pulled off

I love how the fan boys refuse to believe a good sportser would also do other stuff good all the time too.....

If he behaves like this in his car, it makes me wonder what he did/said/behaved with the rangers in 'the arm' incident.

1 hour ago, Andreas_187 said:

Did anyone actually see Nic driving this bakkie? 

All I see is "proud supporter of ND" 

It doesn't say "driven by ND" 

Before Timmy the Tit gets on his evidence high horse again, it looked just like him, but I no I did not stop him, ask him for his ID and take a picture/video of the whole exchange.

It actually doesnt even matter that much, if I wanted to shame him and I knew for a fact it was him, I would have tagged him and his teams etc on social media, I didn't do that for a reason. 

This was more posted because "we" as also drive like twats when we are the first to scream about cars and me about bakkies.