Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

13 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I love how the fan boys refuse to believe a good sportser would also do other stuff good all the time too.....

If he behaves like this in his car, it makes me wonder what he did/said/behaved with the rangers in 'the arm' incident.

Bakkies do weirds things to good people..... 

My old man just bought a Wildtrack, out the blue, I am seeing a therapist, its like my whole life was a lie!

Edited by Patchelicious

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Trashy said:

Reading skills dude.

He is just sour that he has tried for years to get my S-West KOMs from back in the day and just can't seem to do it :P

14 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

So yesterday on my drive home I was dutifully awaiting my turn in the endless queue to turn onto Malibongwe from the N7 by Dunoon. As usual, idjits were doing the same as ND was doing in his Ford by driving up the right hand turn lane and cutting left at the end to get ahead, but in the meanwhile all of the rest of us obeying the rules get consistently cut-off.

Cue my Isuzu DC. I got gatvol after the umpteenth time and decided to roll right over the island built for the traffic light and cut the morons doing the cut-off manoeuvre off from accessing the lanes. 

I got a large cheer from the onlookers who I let go to the left of me while the idjits to the right of me just had to look on and wait for me to open the lane again.

Sometimes, a bakkie is useful for more than doing dwis things. Sometimes you can block a dwis from infecting others with their dwisness

Not all heroes wear capes 

11 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

Before Timmy the Tit gets on his evidence high horse again, it looked just like him, but I no I did not stop him, ask him for his ID and take a picture/video of the whole exchange.

It actually doesnt even matter that much, if I wanted to shame him and I knew for a fact it was him, I would have tagged him and his teams etc on social media, I didn't do that for a reason. 

This was more posted because "we" as also drive like twats when we are the first to scream about cars and me about bakkies.

It was a genuine question that just needed a yes/no answer. No need to waste your time typing out a whole paragraph. 

13 hours ago, Andreas_187 said:

Did anyone actually see Nic driving this bakkie? 

All I see is "proud supporter of ND" 

It doesn't say "driven by ND" 

yes

Just "survived" a trip on the N1 ...

WOW !!!

Car drivers dont even respect other cars on the road ....

Coffee in the one hand, pinky barely resting on the steering wheel ... while texting with the other hand .... attention is everywhere except on the traffic .... just more of this behaviour along the residential route

Cyclist and pedestrians are no consideration to these types of drivers.

Please stay safe out there.

8 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

WOW !!!

Coffee in the one hand, pinky barely resting on the steering wheel ... while texting with the other hand .... attention is everywhere except on the traffic .... just more of this behaviour along the residential route

Did you ask any of them if they are cyclists?

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

WOW !!!

Forget skydiving, open water shark diving or telling a Karen to calm down, if you want to have a real thrilling near death experience, go for a cycle around Somerset West between 7:30 and 8:10 in the morning.... School run parents... yusssus 😳😳😳

when you see parents in school run queues you realise why the next generation of drivers are going to be even worse.

This is the same thing as the bikes being stolen, it is us cyclists buying cheap parts and 'good deals' that are causing bike theft in a lot of cases.

2 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

Forget skydiving, open water shark diving or telling a Karen to calm down, if you want to have a real thrilling near death experience, go for a cycle around Somerset West between 7:30 and 8:10 in the morning.... School run parents... yusssus 😳😳😳

I grew up in Somerset West and cycled to school alone since grade 2. Now my kids are going to the same school, and I can't see myself letting them ride to school. It's like the wild west out there between cellphones, flat  whites and just plain not giving any F's. 

My dad says the mommies back then we're just as bad

4 hours ago, ChrisF said:

WOW !!!

See this so often on the roads, i wish cell phones would only work in a driven vehicle if they are on a hands free system.... surely the phone manufacturers could come up with a way to make it impossible for drivers to text while driving.

4 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

surely the phone manufacturers could come up with a way to make it impossible for drivers to text while driving.

they can, but everyone will be shouting about their right to do as they please

10 minutes ago, ouzo said:

they can, but everyone will be shouting about their right to do as they please

JA sure i realize its not likely

Actually we don't have the right to do as we please... otherwise i would have killed a few drivers dead long ago 😁

Edited by SwissVan

2 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

JA sure i realize its not likely

Actually we don't have the right to do as we please... otherwise i would have killed a few drivers dead long ago 😁

I was still with Volvo when they announced they would limit all their cars to 180km/h max speed. There are very few places in the world where you can legally do that speed or more on public roads, yet the backlash from people saying its their right to drive at that speed if they want was crazy.