Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Zebra said:

I THINK someone has placed an ALL-WHITE 'memorial' bicycle near to where he passed away? I did not see it, but Wife asked why an all white sprayed bike would be in Sea Point, chained to the pole, and I said I think it was 'in memoriam'?

Anyone seen it, to confirm?

Tx, Chris

it's called a Ghost bike

https://grist.org/living/the-story-of-ghost-bikes-how-a-bike-memorial-in-st-louis-sparked-a-global-movement/

We have them here too, this is probably the most famous one of all.

https://www.google.com/maps/@-30.7971605,30.415888,3a,30y,356.45h,79.93t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1swj1CtmqsSM6pnOm0xtEMBQ!2e0!5s20230801T000000!7i16384!8i8192?coh=205409&entry=ttu

47 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Unfortunately it will be stolen for scrap metal within a few days

Like all the other ghost bikes. 

4 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

I haven’t been through sea point this weekend . I prefer to avoid death sites for a while. Call It superstition 

Good on you, every single time I ride down to Chappies I get so many close calls that for the next few weeks I just stay on my local roads/gravel roads between tableview/melkbos/durbanville/Malmesbury..

2 hours ago, Meezo said:

I'm seeing reports of another cyclist vs car door in sea point/camps bay today... Can anyone confirm?

jebus….don't want to sound too insensitive given recent events….but perhaps everybody should give everyone a wide berth while this bad juju wares off…

f@k ouens…

Inconsiderate drivers: look in your mirrors before opening a door.

Absent minded cyclists: expect every door to open without warning. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

26 minutes ago, V18 said:

Maybe carrying would reduce dooring incidents. Perhaps strapping a lance to the front of the bike. 

I know there is not much love for lance on this forum, but strapping him to the front of the bike is a bit extreme isnt it ?

31 minutes ago, V18 said:

Maybe carrying would reduce dooring incidents. Perhaps strapping a lance to the front of the bike. 

Carrying your bike would for sure…

2 hours ago, V18 said:

I'm pretty sure a quick zip of a minigun could clear a door. Modern problems require American solutions. 

A lance (not Lance) and a chain-vest surely must be the right approach .... 

Jousting Sticks? How much does he want for them?

400? Is that for one or for both?

Tell him he's dreaming!