Website update gremlins

9 hours ago, MTBeer said:

still no Chit Chat topics showing in the Active Discussions. Is this a deliberate omission, or something that is in the process of being addressed? Or is there a setting somewhere I can change?

go to active topics , then select filters/streams , there select the "topics" tab then it will open with a drop down , select ALL content/topics in that dropdown , select "save stream" , Then bookmark that page 

if not you'll have to go through that selection process every time 

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

go to active topics , then select filters/streams , there select the "topics" tab then it will open with a drop down , select ALL content/topics in that dropdown , select "save stream" , Then bookmark that page 

thanks

On 5/22/2021 at 9:24 AM, Stretch said:

Any update on Tapatalk?

On 5/23/2021 at 12:21 PM, Stretch said:

If you click on a notification from the toast popup, it doesn't clear the red notification in the balloon. Very annoying for the OCD among us

Both still outstanding - update?

On 5/24/2021 at 10:07 AM, BaGearA said:

What a ball ache.

i was always a tapatalk baby. I’m finding this site so much more of clunky.

1 minute ago, Harryn said:

What a ball ache.

i was always a tapatalk baby. I’m finding this site so much more of clunky.

I did what BaGear said, and I now have an 'All Content' tab which gives me all active topics for the price of a click. However, if I click on a topic to view the thread, then the 'Active Discussions' listed below the thread I have just opened, once again exclude Off Topic threads. So I once again have to click on my 'All Content' tab.

So ball ache yes.

9 hours ago, MTBeer said:

I did what BaGear said, and I now have an 'All Content' tab which gives me all active topics for the price of a click. However, if I click on a topic to view the thread, then the 'Active Discussions' listed below the thread I have just opened, once again exclude Off Topic threads. So I once again have to click on my 'All Content' tab.

So ball ache yes.

this obviously only on desktop but my mobile browsing here is plummeting anyway 

Capture.PNG

4 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

this obviously only on desktop but my mobile browsing here is plummeting anyway 

Capture.PNG

yes I'm talking about desktop.

16 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

So ball ache yes.

What I found interesting is that the Topic Listing at the bottom of the thread gives a different list of topics compared to the Active Content on the top of the page. I always forget which one of the two is the one for ALL topics.

On 5/20/2021 at 2:11 PM, Matt said:

If you save a custom stream & set it as your default it will update the smaller "Active Content" link to the right of the breadcrumbs. So clicking on there should take you to your custom stream. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 14.06.22.png

Will see if it's possible for other "Active Topics" menu links to go to the user default stream.

At the risk of repeating here, @ everyone still not winning with topics - have you tried this? 

Change the goodies in the stream ie Content Types to include all content (off topic)

'Save these changes' appears below, select 'save as new stream',

Save as 'whatever' 

then click 'set as your deafult stream' as Default Stream. As shown above. Going forward every time you click on the right hand Active Content (not the one on the top of the screen, it should bring up your saved 'whatever'

@Matthowever, this doesn't seem to work for my phone. I can create as many new streams, and save them, and set as default as I like. But as soon as the page gets refreshed, I seem to lose it. 

Also, there is only the top-of-screen Active Topics, and not the other right hand option, which as you showed me in the quoted post, allows the pc site version to work correctly wrt my own saved topics. (Perhaps this is the issue?)

2 hours ago, Stretch said:

Both still outstanding - update?

Apologies for the silence.

With respect to Tapatalk I can't see this making a come back any time soon. There are simply too many question marks around the stability and security of activating this plugin. We'll review this at a later stage, but right now it unfortunately remains too big a risk to enable.

The issue related to toast pop-ups has been logged and is on the list to attend to soonest. Thanks for reporting.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

Apologies for the silence.

With respect to Tapatalk I can't see this making a come back any time soon. There are simply too many question marks around the stability and security of activating this plugin. We'll review this at a later stage, but right now it unfortunately remains too big a risk to enable.

The issue related to toast pop-ups has been logged and is on the list to attend to soonest. Thanks for reporting.

not great news. I am not a big fan of browsing through the mobile browser because you end up with multiple active tabs on your mobile browser everytime I open the shortcut I created on my homescreen

I found my own work around to get to the topics / threads I follow and is active on.

Go to '' My Account'' , click on ''My Forum Content'' and Voila............

It's only one more click than before. 

8 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

I found my own work around to get to the topics / threads I follow and is active on.

Go to '' My Account'' , click on ''My Forum Content'' and Voila............

It's only one more click than before. 

Dont forget to ad it as a bookmark to the bookmark bar, then its only one click

@Nick

where do we update bicycle details in the stolen bikes section?

I made some upgrades and want to update

I deleted the Tapatalk app last week, as I'm now used to the new mobile version.
I don't need to worry about the photo upload limit on Tapatalk either now.

Just like when the bottle stores were closed, I can live without it.

55 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I deleted the Tapatalk app last week, as I'm now used to the new mobile version.
I don't need to worry about the photo upload limit on Tapatalk either now.

Just like when the bottle stores were closed, I can live without it.

No tapatalk support is a game changer for me