Dropper seat post Review

Lehane

36 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

I am a massive fan of droppers. Massive. Will never ride with one again, I slow down when I dont use it. Like cleats, everyone was afraid, but after a few falls cant do without it. 

sarcasm, confusion ?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

sarcasm, confusion ?

I guess he just left the word 'not' out, as in "I will never N-O-T ride without one again..."

A dropper is indispensable for me. I would never own a mountainbike without one. To me it's a massive safety feature. And it makes it much easier to get on the bike after I have stopped...

32 minutes ago, Zebra said:

I guess he just left the word 'not' out, as in "I will never N-O-T ride without one again..."

Double negative in English. ..

Maybe Lehane is right and peeps are not so sure they need one ;)

Edited by DieselnDust

2 hours ago, 100Tours said:

You've described me ????

Admittedly I did buy a dropper and rode with it for a while. After a year or so (probably more) and I hadn't used it other than to make my bike fit better on a bike rack I took it off. And I had ridden Swazi Frontier, Mankele, van Gaalens pofadder descents, etc. without finding the spot where I actually liked the feel of a lower seat. 

Middle aged dogs can't learn new tricks either.

I got my first dropper post bike in 2013, when I was mid 40's. I used to drop my seat manually many times when riding steeper terrain. 

..did used to... edited out

Edited by Headshot

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

2 matching rigid bikes somewhere in Lesotho with dropper posts mid 2015..... Dropper posts are life

SSdropper.PNG

The T Mars Crotch Rocket. They occasionally used to break their moorings and punch you in the grundle on their way to freedom.

We've come a long way.

6 hours ago, Titleist said:

Welcome to 2021. You've missed out on being in control of your bike for about 5 years now.....

RS Reverb has been around since 2010. Crank Brothers Joplin since before that. 2008 iirc. 

Or did you swap your gholf clubs for a specialized 5years ago and think that is Genesis? For everything.

Edited by PhilipV

Ai, the humble dropper post. I reckon one of the best things ever to happen to mountain biking. Will never ride without one. 

Have two Lyne droppers / never had a days trouble,  works perfectly cost me a third of my fox transfer which had problems and probably a third of my rock shock which was the worst dropper I ever had. 

11 hours ago, PhilipV said:

RS Reverb has been around since 2010. Crank Brothers Joplin since before that. 2008 iirc. 

Or did you swap your gholf clubs for a specialized 5years ago and think that is Genesis? For everything.

Dropper posts only became more accessible and affordable since about 2017-2018. Before that some bike shops didn't even know what it was or they told you it's too expensive to stock it. 

6 minutes ago, Titleist said:

Dropper posts only became more accessible and affordable since about 2017-2018. Before that some bike shops didn't even know what it was or they told you it's too expensive to stock it. 

Fairly sure lyne was around at the start of 2018 maybe earlier 

My first dropper was a giant one in 2015 and then already i was starting to see them regularly on the trails 

53 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Fairly sure lyne was around at the start of 2018 maybe earlier 

My first dropper was a giant one in 2015 and then already i was starting to see them regularly on the trails 

I got my 1st Lyne Dropper mid 2016...

20 hours ago, 100Tours said:

You've described me ????

Admittedly I did buy a dropper and rode with it for a while. After a year or so (probably more) and I hadn't used it other than to make my bike fit better on a bike rack I took it off. And I had ridden Swazi Frontier, Mankele, van Gaalens pofadder descents, etc. without finding the spot where I actually liked the feel of a lower seat. 

Middle aged dogs can't learn new tricks either.

My first couple of rides with a dropper was such a weird feeling experience. At first I would only drop the seat ~5cm. And then ~10 rides later, all the sudden, it just stopped feeling weird.

Now, it just feels uncomfortable and unrideable to have saddle in the way, as I've learned to actually move around on the bike, leaning in corners etc.

Riding flat pedals with the seat up is also looking for ***, as one can't bend your legs enough to absorb the big impacts. I leave it for pros like Nino to do that.