Stephan

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/27/2023 at 7:51 AM, mazambaan said:

Very common in Kruger in summer

That place gets unbelievably hot. We stayed in one of those tented camps in the summer. It was SO hot.

Having a hyena 1m away from me (a fence between us) whilst braaing was rather memorable.

2 hours ago, DJR said:

Believe it or not, people made popcorn well before the invention f the microwave oven ......... yes, I know, I date to those prehistoric times.🤪

was it not the native indians in the states that "discovered" popcorn?

38 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

That place gets unbelievably hot. We stayed in one of those tented camps in the summer. It was SO hot.

Having a hyena 1m away from me (a fence between us) whilst braaing was rather memorable.

Did you have to leave camp to get "fire wood" for that braai

1 hour ago, Eddy Gordo said:

that didn't take long, but was definitely needed a quick fix.

May be an image of road

On 6/28/2023 at 9:45 AM, Hairy said:

was it not the native indians in the states that "discovered" popcorn?

Well we need to be more correct here as our knowledge has evolved. 
The native “indians” had nothing to do with Indians, at least for a very long time.

the Native North American tribes arrived there somewhere between 18000 and 15000years ago from northern Russia (Siberia), hence the facial similarities with the Siberian , Japanese and northern Chinese people. They crossed the land bridge that existed where the Bering Straight is now demarcated on the topographical maps. The southern tribes arrived from South America and wheee they overlapped with the northern tribes they clashed, interbred and interbred some more. 

so Indians is completely inappropriate, rather refer to them as in’juns or native tribes. If you’re woke you best ask them what they identify as before posting. There are far to many tribes to list each one or even be specific 

3 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Well we need to be more correct here as our knowledge has evolved. 
The native “indians” had nothing to do with Indians, at least for a very long time.

the Native North American tribes arrived there somewhere between 18000 and 15000years ago from northern Russia (Siberia), hence the facial similarities with the Siberian , Japanese and northern Chinese people. They crossed the land bridge that existed where the Bering Straight is now demarcated on the topographical maps. The southern tribes arrived from South America and wheee they overlapped with the northern tribes they clashed, interbred and interbred some more. 

so Indians is completely inappropriate, rather refer to them as in’juns or native tribes. If you’re woke you best ask them what they identify as before posting. There are far to many tribes to list each one or even be specific 

Interesting and not what I was thinking when posting the popcorn comment.

https://www.popcornforthepeople.com/blogs/blog/the-history-of-popcorn#:~:text=The History of Popcorn in the Americas&text=Since popcorn comes from corn,was found in New Mexico.

So why did then not bring a little Vodka, Saki or Baijiu with them when they came over :P

Not sure if it has been mentioned before but TMNP close their office at 15h45 not 4 pm as I believed.Just doing their bit to contribute to greenhouse gas emissions with a few wasted car trips I'm sure... 

8 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned before but TMNP close their office at 15h45 not 4 pm as I believed.Just doing their bit to contribute to greenhouse gas emissions with a few wasted car trips I'm sure... 

It means the staff can wrap up and leave the office at 4pm sharp.

Edit: I think you get what I am saying

Edited by Hairy

4 hours ago, Hairy said:

It means the staff can wrap up and leave the office at 4pm sharp.

Edit: I think you get what I am saying

They close up at 1530 and are on their way at 1545 from what we saw...

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

They close up at 1530 and are on their way at 1545 from what we saw...

That's very late for a Friday, in Cape Town at least. Here the Friday afternoon rush hour starts at 1pm.

Edited by DJR

11 minutes ago, DJR said:

That's very late for a Friday, in Cape Town at least. Here the Friday afternoon rush hour starts at 1pm.

And Friday lunch from 11.00 til 13.00 ...😋

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys if I'm missing the obvious (and I have searched) but has anyone got the link to a thread where you can connect with other people looking for a multi person TMNP Activity Permit and get the discount? Cheers. 

25 minutes ago, Dirt Tracker said:

Sorry guys if I'm missing the obvious (and I have searched) but has anyone got the link to a thread where you can connect with other people looking for a multi person TMNP Activity Permit and get the discount? Cheers. 

Chat to Chris at Bike Park Uitsig. He'll help you out.