Tour de France 2022

'Dale

1 minute ago, J Wakefield said:

In that Louis is strong enough to go for GC overall against Tadej and Jonas and Gerraint to a degree? 

No dude. 

I take offence that you are calling me a dude and its not even Friday yet.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

No team will let Pidock get in the break and allow it to stay away again. Also the energy expended for that in week 3 is not sustainable. 

As reference, the peloton are on auto pilot they are totally smashed. this tour has been incredible aggressive, fast and hard. Riders were in tears coming up Granon, physically crying the last 10km. Its been that hard.

I have R25 hoping you are wrong.

image.png.a407f1379e527955902da25ba89f8006.png

4 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I have R25 hoping you are wrong.

image.png.a407f1379e527955902da25ba89f8006.png

This would certainly make for some very interesting racing!

33 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

No team will let Pidock get in the break and allow it to stay away again. Also the energy expended for that in week 3 is not sustainable. 

As reference, the peloton are on auto pilot they are totally smashed. this tour has been incredible aggressive, fast and hard. Riders were in tears coming up Granon, physically crying the last 10km. Its been that hard.

This little heatwave that is passing through EU must also have a big effect....and it looks like it will carry on all the way the Paris.

From the lead group, a couple of names stand out as prospective stage winners.

D. Martinez and B. McNulty seem like the best bets, but they are probably placed there as potential sattelite riders for GC leaders.

Can M. Woods bring back some form to take the stage? Or will WvA destroy them all and clinch another stage win for JV?

Exciting stuff!

This year the teams are really taking shots with riders being compromised all over the place.

Marc Soler in trouble

14:34

Tadej Pogacar's team-mate Marc Soler is off the back. He's obviously sick. He asked for medical assistance after throwing up.

Edited by Vetplant

29 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

From the lead group, a couple of names stand out as prospective stage winners.

D. Martinez and B. McNulty seem like the best bets, but they are probably placed there as potential sattelite riders for GC leaders.

Can M. Woods bring back some form to take the stage? Or will WvA destroy them all and clinch another stage win for JV?

Exciting stuff!

WvA would have hoped to have pipped Eekhoff to make inter-sprint points. Text commentary had him having a word with Eekhoff after. Any ideas what that was about?

Edited by lechatnoir
for clarity, he didn't pip Eekhoff who perhaps put up more of a fight than expected

1 minute ago, lechatnoir said:

WvA would have hoped to have pipped Eekhoff to make inter-sprint points. Text commentary had him having a word with Eekhoff after. Any ideas what that was about?

Very weird from Eekhoff. Only sensible explanation for what he did was: to take the actual monetary prize at the sprint...(as posted in the Twitter replies)