What have you 3D printed for your bike?

Blokeonabike

Hi hubbers! So I recently needed 2 tools but had absolutely no reason to actually buy them as I was just helping a friend. I needed a 12sp Shimano chainring tool and also a masterlink /quicklink plier thing. I figured I might as well try my luck and found out that many many cyclist already designed and printed these (and many more) tools. I also found interesting on-bike storage parts and other nifty little bits and bobs.

Have any of your ever printed any bike related things? If so please share! I think it will be quite interesting to see what the bikehub community has come up with

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Front derailleur covers, Shimano pedal service tool the useful and successful one's 

Garmin mounts tried a few different designs and materials but they haven't lasted ... the like 'top layer' where it turns into the quarter mount comes off

Tried one of the chain quick link 'pliers' things but it isn't strong enough, will try another sometime

Button for a Garmin 810 worked as well

A cool thread, will be interesting to see what has been printed and if it was successful. Advice would also be welcome

I've been meaning to design and have printed a more compact light mount for the Giant Conduct system on my bike. 10 000km later and i still have not done it.

I have made a few things. Spez saddle adapters (rear light mounts etc), BB tools, bar light mounts ...............the list goes on

9 minutes ago, warick_wrx said:

I have made a few things. Spez saddle adapters (rear light mounts etc), BB tools, bar light mounts ...............the list goes on

As a matter of interest what material did you make the BB tools and mounts out of?

6 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

As a matter of interest what material did you make the BB tools and mounts out of?

Printed out of ABS

Made a couple things, most things that take force don't last, clamps etc, the layers delaminate.

Some of the useful things I have made and use often are the Shimano hollowtech tool and a fork seal driver.

5 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Some people have rock hard ABS, others soft as jelly!

Also tried PTEG the ABS seemed a little tougher

22 minutes ago, Alouette3 said:

Made a couple things, most things that take force don't last, clamps etc, the layers delaminate.

Some of the useful things I have made and use often are the Shimano hollowtech tool and a fork seal driver.

Gonna print me one of those fork seal drivers ????

I've got access to a 3D printer at work and use it quite a lot. I've printed some bearing drivers for my hubs, a Shimano pedal tool (which doesn't work too great) and a GoPro housing for a friend.

Really handy things too have around.

I have had cable stops printed for by SuperSix so that the shifting cables can all run internally.

It took 2 versions for it to stop snapping to pieces and some molding of the frame as well.

1 minute ago, peetwindhoek said:

subtle distance brag ????

not really, its taken 2 and half years to do that distance.