MORNE

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

^^^THIS ^^^

Patrick is spending a lot of resources to maintain the trails, with a short window period of rain to properly repair it for the next year.

Then barely a week later a handful of riders skid the crap out of the trails ....

For the rest of the year the rest of the club members have to endure the brake hole entering so many fun sections of the trails .... spoiling the fun for everyone.

This topic comes up in club letters on a very regular basis.  Patrick HAS tried every approach over YEARS to get people to take better care of the trails.

This behaviour of a small group of riders is costing the rest of us !!!!  Both in terms of money and resources that could have be better applied.

In true WOKE style the rest of this saga wont be about those that willfully damage the trails. But rather about the latest rant of Patrick about this "behaviour" .....

Asseblief mense, ons KAN die trails geniet, sonder om dit deur ons gat te trek ....

Chris, I fully agree with you and definitely think you seem like a lekker guy.

The point the guys were making is that his wording and inciting of violence isn't so cool.

Here at Tokai we get way more roosters and skidders... yet they never tell anyone to give out PK's.

The tokai locals have gotten used to the braking bumps and I honestly just see them as a trail feature and don't let myself get wound up about it, life is too short to worry about some guy with more money than skill and brains who pulls a handful of rear brake because he thinks it looks rad.

17 hours ago, ChrisF said:

^^^THIS ^^^

Patrick is spending a lot of resources to maintain the trails, with a short window period of rain to properly repair it for the next year.

Then barely a week later a handful of riders skid the crap out of the trails ....

For the rest of the year the rest of the club members have to endure the brake hole entering so many fun sections of the trails .... spoiling the fun for everyone.

This topic comes up in club letters on a very regular basis.  Patrick HAS tried every approach over YEARS to get people to take better care of the trails.

This behaviour of a small group of riders is costing the rest of us !!!!  Both in terms of money and resources that could have be better applied.

In true WOKE style the rest of this saga wont be about those that willfully damage the trails. But rather about the latest rant of Patrick about this "behaviour" .....

Asseblief mense, ons KAN die trails geniet, sonder om dit deur ons gat te trek ....

15 hours ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

Chris, I fully agree with you and definitely think you seem like a lekker guy.

The point the guys were making is that his wording and inciting of violence isn't so cool.

Here at Tokai we get way more roosters and skidders... yet they never tell anyone to give out PK's.

The tokai locals have gotten used to the braking bumps and I honestly just see them as a trail feature and don't let myself get wound up about it, life is too short to worry about some guy with more money than skill and brains who pulls a handful of rear brake because he thinks it looks rad.

Thats the point of my issue with the mail. The way he communicated this cant be defended. It is totally unprofessional and im sure if the board wasn't some nepotistic fan club,  hed be gone after that. It quite literally incites violence. Well Id make sure of it. He is obviously on some sort of ego trip.

Id like to see him try…(see what it does?)

@ChrisF, imagine an agry teenager taking it upon himself to dish out TBMC justice to other teenagers because he thinks he is right in the eyes of the club.

just no.

edit: ill also argue that the 1% of people who are actually able to do the things he’s on about do relatively nothing in comparison to the trails. It’s the average  numpty like you and me that brakes in the wrong place into a turn that ruts it out, intact if you brake in a burn you are probably part of the problem. Those guys don't. 

Edited by MORNE

12 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Animal Farm…

5AF1AA73-3107-4E79-81D4-455DFD497910.jpeg

74464791-4C28-4CF8-8998-328609CD4E99.jpeg

You left out point
12.b.
Any Member is entitled to bring any infringement of the Constitution, the Code of Conduct, or any of the rules of the Club, any resolutions adopted and rulings made by the Club or Management Committee, any contract entered into by the Club, any competition established by the Club, or any laws, by-laws, regulations or rules of Cycling South Africa (CSA) to the attention of the Management Committee.

Is there enough evidence across roughly 7000 email addresses to bring a complaint forward though, or are we just going to get a "PK" for bringing it up?

Edited by Mtree
sarcasm

46 minutes ago, Mtree said:

Last active august 2021...
@tygerbergmtb

Does this guy have anything good to say about the members that pay his salary and supply him with new Isuzu bakkie's

Snip:

Lastly, thanks for the many kind words on facebook this week over this little column I pen each week for the newsletter.... I didn't realise it got further than mosts garbage cans and I also thought that the only reaction I would get out of it would be a mug shot of me pinned to the dartboards of all stravassholes, back brake grabbers, men in white lycra and the dizzy blonde!

Hi all

We're not fond of hiding behind aliases and you can get the list of committee members from our website and I'm happy to correspond directly if required.

We apologise unreservedly for both the language and tone of the latest club newsletter. It was both offensive and a poor reflection on the club, it's employees, it's leadership and the sport as a whole. 

We do not however condone riding in such a way that causes undue wear and tear on our trails. The purchase of an annual or day permit does not entitle you to ride a trail in a way that causes undue wear and tear. 

Going forward, our newsletters will be vetoed before publishing.

8 hours ago, Mtree said:

Please just take note of the language used in the newsletter is unfortunately very derogatory, and for a newsletter that is read by people of all ages and from different backgrounds, this may be seen as offensive, see the below quote from the newsletter, "you have my full permission to deliver them a moerse PK". 

Not to mention that anyone can sign up for the newsletter. 

Will the member code of conduct now be rewritten to include dishing out PKs to anyone and everyone?
Then also, let's note that we as the members of the club are all PAYING members, thus we should expect some sort of professionalism, and using language such as that, and expecting members to violently deal with each other is just a recipe for disaster. 

As such, this is showing that the club is far removed from reality and wants to be seen as a committee of untouchables that rule and laude it over the general members of TBMTBC. 
Should we mention this turn of events from the club to Giant Tygerberg, as well as Reeds N1 Isuzu? Are they aware of you inciting violence, as well as bringing their brands into disrepute?
Quite simply, until a public apology is made, the statements retracted and the actions condoned, a public boycott of those businesses will be enacted.

Part of mail sent forth.
@tygerbergmtb 

I'm not even reading the replies. This thread is a joke surely.

He is talking figuratively. 

33 minutes ago, tygerbergmtb said:

Hi all

We're not fond of hiding behind aliases and you can get the list of committee members from our website and I'm happy to correspond directly if required.

We apologise unreservedly for both the language and tone of the latest club newsletter. It was both offensive and a poor reflection on the club, it's employees, it's leadership and the sport as a whole. 

We do not however condone riding in such a way that causes undue wear and tear on our trails. The purchase of an annual or day permit does not entitle you to ride a trail in a way that causes undue wear and tear. 

Ok. Now I've read this last reply as it was just above my reply. Therefore I have missed the middle of the thread.

My humble opinion is that if the newsletter has a light-hearted tone with a bit of humor then nutting wrong here. 

I hope the OP also wrote into The Courier Guy, their latest advert tells their staff to administer a PK too. (Polokwane to Kakamas).

8 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I'm not even reading the replies. This thread is a joke surely.

He is talking figuratively. 

Anybody taking that litterally clearly have never shared a drink with Patrick, or even a chat along the trail while his team is working.

4 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Ok. Now I've read this last reply as it was just above my reply. Therefore I have missed the middle of the thread.

My humble opinion is that if the newsletter has a light-hearted tone with a bit of humor then nutting wrong here. 

I hope the OP also wrote into The Courier Guy, their latest advert tells their staff to administer a PK too. (Polokwane to Kakamas).

I have just seen that ad.... "what is a PK? "express delivery from Polokwane to kakamas"

1 hour ago, tygerbergmtb said:

Hi all

Thanks you. appreciate it.
And i think most of us agree regarding the damage to trails. That was not the issue at all.  

I personally also contacted via email. No aliases, no hiding..this is my name and im a member too. You are welcome to still contact me if you like.

But the steps you described above I think will go a long way in keeping things professional and civil. I was in a group ride this weekend and there were varying levels of aggro about the passive aggressive nature of the post. Its just unnecessary. That alone was enough for me to justify this thread. At first i didnt think much of it, People interpret things in different ways and as mentioned by others…kids have access to those newsletters too.

That is not the message you guys need to put out there or spread even more disdain for the club…because there unfortunately IS a strong opinion about the club. Sometimes it sucks.

Edited by MORNE

18 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Not the same thing and you know it. 🙃

I still see a ton of arrogance in the reply from tygerbergchap above. 

Permits aside, if you think the day warrior is busting your trails I'd hazard a guess that you can't see further than your nose. It's most likely the regulars that are cutting fast lines into the trails as they try find that all important holy grail line of speed (which I understand) 

I'm convinced it's more a rant that day visitors are slowing the regulars down, and they are complaining that the trails are getting wrecked by the slow uneducated riders - you know, that fast dude that can't wait for a safe right of passage to get past on a single trail

I see it as a crock of the proverbial from the original writer. He's welcome to DM me too. I'll buy the first milkshake