Bianchi Oltre is Born: the first Hyperbike

News bot

Aerovolution is now. Bianchi has rewritten the concept of a high-performance aerodynamic bicycle with the launch of the Oltre platform, led by the Oltre RC hyperbike and complemented by the Oltre Pro and Oltre models. Born from Bianchi Reparto Corse’s research and development, the Oltre RC is a revolution in terms of design and engineering […]

View full article

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

this is like dating a really frivolous shallow super model.

Once you get over the beautiful exterior you realise you just want someone simpler with more substance to spend valuable time with

Super model? This bike looks like it has been cobbled together from different parts of different super models that were all different heights, weights, colours and shapes.

It hurts my eyes.

This gets my vote for fugliest bike of the year.

4 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Super model? This bike looks like it has been cobbled together from different parts of different super models that were all different heights, weights, colours and shapes.

It hurts my eyes.

This gets my vote for fugliest bike of the year.

Sort of like a super model with bottom lips fake breasts fake tan and has butt implants

4 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Nobody has mentioned Cervelo's stem yet...

I don't like the front end at all - that stem offends me and the little air intakes on the side of the head tube seem silly (they should at least include those nasal turbine inserts and then exit around the seat clamp to be reasonably effective, surely 😛)

If you're not winning world tours then these cosmetics are important considerations in maintaining some level of pride in yourself.  

1 hour ago, Eugene said:

Bianchi certainly knows how to make good looking bikes. 

Just too scare to even think about the pricing

I also like the look, and the engineering that went into it.

Sure, the days of massive improvements are long gone .... marginal gains are down to minimal gains .... if anything, it is more difficult than ever for the engineers to achieve real advances. Even the marketers has a tough job out doing the previous launch ...

only time will tell if any of the new tech on this bike makes it onto the following models.

we owe a debt of gratitude to the dentists and golfers for funding the cutting edge of R&D .....

At €13 800 + exchange rate + tax + VAT .... OUCH ....

Edited by ChrisF

44 minutes ago, splat said:

Nobody has mentioned Cervelo's stem yet...

The Cervelo stem makes more sense to me - wider and slimmer. I am dubious of the aero advantages of a stem piercing that looks barely big enough to take a drinking tube. You could funk it up with a big earring, otherwise I'm not seeing the point.