440MTB

Low-Ballers  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you low-ball people?

• Yes, always!
    • Nope, I pay asking price!
    • I negotiate fairly!

13 minutes ago, Hairy said:

At some point early on in this thread I was kind of rooting for you, then things went pear shaped and I had to step back from my previous stance.

It is a well known fact in the cycling industry that one should not necessarily accept the technical knowledge of a rider who has done the Epic.

Do you drama much by the way?

Again, twisting and contextually raping what was said...

Where did I say riding the epic is the measuring stick of technical knowledge?

From a 15min encounter with someone I never met before, this was the only way I could know if this is someone who at least has spent some time on the saddle.

But yeah, this sort of reply makes it clear the jist of my previous post was accurate, seems I am now the target personally here and doesn't matter what I say, it will get twisted into being wrong or me being a "noob" becuase I've only made a few posts here, or somehow turned into an unethical seller or something of the sort.

Have at thee. I'm out.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MM said:

From a 15min encounter with someone I never met before, this was the only way I could know if this is someone who at least has spent some time on the saddle.

But yeah, this sort of reply makes it clear the jist of my previous post was accurate, seems I am now the target personally here and doesn't matter what I say, it will get twisted into being wrong or me being a "noob" becuase I've only made a few posts here, or somehow turned into an unethical seller or something of the sort.

Have at thee. I'm out.

Like I said, I had your back, and then you went AWOL 

so.........

Chill Bro Gif GIFs | Tenor

Must...

Resist...

Posting...

*veins popping in forehead*

@PygaSchmyga

Okay...

🤣

Anyhow, I'm out (for real now).

I've said what I wanted to say and did apologize for stepping on toes regarding the person/account/business who made the offer.

What a lovely tea party this was. 😆

10 minutes ago, MM said:

Have at thee. I'm out.

"have at thee"

3 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

How do you know if someone has done the Epic.....?

They tell you within the first 15min after meeting them. Tiiirdifffff..... 

I'm here the whole week :oops:

How do you know someone who has done the Epic has passed away? It's been 15 minutes and they haven't mentioned that they've done the Epic. Same applies to Vegans. (I'll show myself out.)

16 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

How do you know someone who has done the Epic has passed away? It's been 15 minutes and they haven't mentioned that they've done the Epic. Same applies to Vegans. (I'll show myself out.)

And most okes who went to "elite" boys only schools 🥷

Edited by fanievb
Because I can't spell

21 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Sorry Mr OP, that bike is not worth the price. Lets break the bike down into parts and see what we get:

1) Frame and shock with all the bits and bobs (headset bearings, BB, Hanger, seat post and seat post clamp) - between 5-7500 

2) Fork - Nothing more than R3500

3) Wheels including the tires R2800

4) NX groupset does not even enter my house for free, I sold a new set excluding the crank for R3000 last month. 

5) Crank - R1200 at a push including the CSIXX ring. 

6) Everything else not mentioned above - R1500 (handlebar, saddle, grips, pedals). 

Total: R6000 (the middle of the range) + R3500 + R2800 + R3000 + R1200 + R1500 = R18 000.00. 

I agree that the market is a bit wacko and stock is an issue and and and. If we take this into consideration and add a few bucks to account for this then I will take the price to between R22 - R25k (& that is being quite generous) 

On this ad you will notice that said seller bought it new for R22990 in 2019: https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/dual-suspension-bikes/11067/2019-scott-spark-970 

Yours is pretty similar in specs except for the downgrade to NX. 

I do see the problem here: you paid dealer prices and now you are hoping to get dealer price when you're trying to sell. Is the bike so rubbish that you bought it in May only to sell it in October? 

Unfortunately you're going to take a knock on this one. 

O ya, and a second thing: the chain is about 2 links too short. 

I wanted to do this and even asked the op how he got to his price. He didnt answer though. I was guessing even without seeing it would be around the 20k mark. Op said a few k below his asking price!🤷‍♂️ whatever that means.

Now he sold it, so well done!

Low ball offers will always come first, sometimes if you hold out long enough you will get a price you more happy with.

2 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I wanted to do this and even asked the op how he got to his price. He didnt answer though. I was guessing even without seeing it would be around the 20k mark. Op said a few k below his asking price!🤷‍♂️ whatever that means.

Now he sold it, so well done!

Low ball offers will always come first, sometimes if you hold out long enough you will get a price you more happy with.

Just hope the new owner got a fair deal and not an over inflated dealer price

3 minutes ago, fanievb said:

And most okes who when to "elite" boys only schools 🥷

8 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

The Tri-fecta?

image.png.6aaa2e1f9954be5555f9aafe141ee076.png

Please keep this buzz alive until most of BikeHub get back to their desktops to get though a Monday at work, surviving quarter 4 of what is an intense 2022. This is such a stress-reducing thread.

Gold, Bru. Gold.