Scamy Scum all over the hub

MORNE1102

This user base needs a review and a cleanup, 9 out of 10 messages to buy is dodge AF. 

#Original message is a exaggeration 9/10 people is obviously not correct at all. 

Edited by MORNE1102
not factual

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Morne1102

If you suspect a user is acting fraudulently, please report the account to us. There are report buttons on the user account pages and under the Actions button on the chat screen. It will be dealt with urgently.

We're constantly monitoring for scammers and have number of automated systems in place to detect them. There a few new one's each day which we mostly mange to remove within minutes to a handful of hours. We also warn any user who has interacted with one of these accounts on the site. But we're pretty confident that the vast majority of the users are genuine.

I'd confidently say that your 90% estimate is wrong.

15 minutes ago, MORNE1102 said:

This user base needs a review and a cleanup, 9 out of 10 messages to buy is dodge AF. 

I think @Matt and the team keep a tight ship. If you have a problem then report it. But 9 out of 10 you must be the first person to experience this. 

28 minutes ago, MORNE1102 said:

As @Nick mentioned, please report any suspicious users and include details on why or what was suspicious. Such feedback is an essential part of us weeding out any bad actors.

I see you have a few recent ads. Can you share specific examples of users who've been in contact who you feel need a review? 

Just in case we missed something, I reviewed all the accounts that contacted you in March. There were 12 which is a great return on 3 adverts.

• One account was created today which is always a concern. We're investigating that one further. But no immediate red flags there.
  • The other 11 accounts all appear to be legitimate.
    • Three of the accounts were created in last few months but no obvious signs of fraud. One of them already has two good community reviews.
    • The remaining eight accounts are years old. Most with good reviews from other Hubbers.
    • Three of the accounts have over 100 reviews from the community with another having over 50 reviews.

28 minutes ago, Nick said:

Just in case we missed something, I reviewed all the accounts that contacted you in March. There were 12 which is a great return on 3 adverts.

• One account was created today which is always a concern. We're investigating that one further. But no immediate red flags there.
  • The other 11 accounts all appear to be legitimate.
    • Three of the accounts were created in last few months but no obvious signs of fraud. One of them already has two good community reviews.
    • The remaining eight accounts are years old. Most with good reviews from other Hubbers.
    • Three of the accounts have over 100 reviews from the community with another having over 50 reviews.

@Nick, if you have a deeper look you will find a alot of these accounts review each other and rate each other in a closed loop. its clearly BS

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Hi Morne1102

If you suspect a user is acting fraudulently, please report the account to us. There are report buttons on the user account pages and under the Actions button on the chat screen. It will be dealt with urgently.

We're constantly monitoring for scammers and have number of automated systems in place to detect them. There a few new one's each day which we mostly mange to remove within minutes to a handful of hours. We also warn any user who has interacted with one of these accounts on the site. But we're pretty confident that the vast majority of the users are genuine.

I'd confidently say that your 90% estimate is wrong.

Give me a shout please Nick, contact me via my email and I'll share my cell. I'll show you what i'm talking about. 

Just now, MORNE1102 said:

I suspect you should get to work and stop talking sh#$

That is a bit uncalled for. You jump on the forum accusing 90%  of hub land of been scammers.  When someone makes a comment you don't  like you throw attitude. You are welcome to take your goodies and sell them someplace else. 

3 minutes ago, MORNE1102 said:

I suspect you should get to work and stop talking sh#$

Nice, Perhaps you should sell elsewhere if that how you feel about bikehub and the people on here.  

Many deals are done here daily, some of us have bought and sold for years and know when to ignore the low ball if it is indeed the case and not have a fit about it.

As Nick highlighted, the people who have contacted you, most are legit and one may have joined because he saw your ad.

So if you feel there is a scam and scum, then post on the forum your reason why you believe so and show the facts!!

Just now, Barry said:

That is a bit uncalled for. You jump on the forum accusing 90%  of hub land of been scammers.  When someone makes a comment you don't  like you throw attitude. You are welcome to take your goodies and sell them someplace else. 

So why feel the need to post on the "bogus" topic in the first place? You make a silly comment and receive a very humerus PG response and then cry.. very South African Barry  

@MORNE1102 I think you need to cool your jets here. All commenting here have concern for the issues you raise and appear to share a well grounded scepticism around the hyperbolic stats you shared. 

Just like scammers in the classifieds, we won't tolerate aggressive behaviour in the forums. Let's find some constructive outcomes here.

3 minutes ago, MORNE1102 said:

So why feel the need to post on the "bogus" topic in the first place? You make a silly comment and receive a very humerus PG response and then cry.. very South African Barry  

I think you hit the nail on the head. " Bogus Topic"

2 minutes ago, shaper said:

Nice, Perhaps you should sell elsewhere if that how you feel about bikehub and the people on here.  

Many deals are done here daily, some of us have bought and sold for years and know when to ignore the low ball if it is indeed the case and not have a fit about it.

As Nick highlighted, the people who have contacted you, most are legit and one may have joined because he saw your ad.

So if you feel there is a scam and scum, then post on the forum your reason why you believe so and show the facts!!

I'm one of those people using the "platform" for years. You guys antagonize and bait people with down right stupid and irrelevant responses and expect what?