• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped in Wilderness for a coffee which instead of boosting me up the next hill made me lazy and I bonked for the entire 20kms back home - mud and rain did little to help but a decent opening ride for 2019

That descent from 7 Passes Road to Rondevlei you did today, I climbed it in the opposite direction a few days ago..hy het my gebreek!

That descent from 7 Passes Road to Rondevlei you did today, I climbed it in the opposite direction a few days ago..hy het my gebreek!

it's called Tshirt hill, met ander woorde, climb the hill get the T-Shirt - when I moved here 3 years ago, it took me 3 attempts before I managed to get to the top without pushing.  It was a mental thing, I kept thinking why pedal when you can walk faster?  I still hate it

it's called Tshirt hill, met ander woorde, climb the hill get the T-Shirt - when I moved here 3 years ago, it took me 3 attempts before I managed to get to the top without pushing. It was a mental thing, I kept thinking why pedal when you can walk faster? I still hate it

Haha, took me about 15min to get to the top on fatiqued legs.. when I'm back next December I'll make it my mission to do it sub 10min.. don't know how Gert Heyns can do it sub 7min. That's crazy!

..... After D'Aria I settled into a nice rythm and picked up a bit of speed on the level section ..... got used to the longer A-frames, then had a slight oops on the one steep A-frame.  :cursing:   Fortunately just a few scrapes, most importantly, no damage to the bike.

Few scrapes ....

post-110956-0-85173300-1546454271_thumb.jpg

Some bruises .....

post-110956-0-56905500-1546454296_thumb.jpg

But I did manage a slow 2km ride this afternoon ...just keeping the muscles loose .....  :thumbup:   :clap:

Another recovery ride tomorrow, and hoping to be back on the trails by Friday ....

Not my bike, not my ride, not even my hotel, too poor, paying with Rands, but if ever you stay at he Savoy in Florence, please use one of these and post it here! The doorman gave me a dirty look when I showed too much interest in his bikes.

They do look like quite an experience. [emoji106]

Started overcast, looked like it may clear up, but closed up nicely for a fairly cool and blustery ride.

Loads of grip on the damp trails.

Edit: Cradle route from home. A nice 60km route with about 800m of ascent. When I am feeling stronger, I may add to this, or at least sniff out some climbs to add to the ascent.

post-24416-0-72509100-1546506734_thumb.jpeg

Edited by RocknRolla