• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, MORNE said:

pitty about that box on the left blocking the view...

😅

Sometimes you gotta play the hand you are dealt 🤣

Next time I'll tell him to get out the way. He was ruining a couple of my pics 😉. I dunno where he kept popping up from. It's like he intentionally tried to photo-bomb me . . .

image.jpeg.50774d5f02ed0b14cac95b783a8c8430.jpeg

1 hour ago, HdB said:

Slight miscommunication at the Amashova expo meant I was doing the Ride Joburg for Cansa Active... except I wasn't going to the event.
So I figured I'd do my own Ride GardenRoute instead :)

315784086_10159513598164633_6640699994851688492_n.jpg.3477b809d2cb25b179a605215370ddef.jpg

That's Naas, nê 😉

23 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Thought I'd have more 'FOMO' today but strangely enough nada ....

As my B said to me last week 'now just ride to enjoy riding, nothing else matters'

Absolutely cracker day on the Highveld, blue skies for days 😎

20221120_085331.jpg

I was thinking the same. I think i have done 13 x official 94.7s and some more i dont think I got credited with or didn't finish but it was like I am no longer really excited by events like this and just enjoy riding and being outdoors and better still with mates. Having moved down to Paarl the routes are next level but its the same - was thinking about all the lead in rides to CTCT i need to do and wondering how i am going to enjoy it. Rather just ride for fun. Jhb and Highveld at this time of year is next level when the weather is mentioned.

Edited by Paul Ruinaard

On 11/20/2022 at 2:03 PM, NotSoBigBen said:

Thought I'd have more 'FOMO' today but strangely enough nada ....

As my B said to me last week 'now just ride to enjoy riding, nothing else matters'

Absolutely cracker day on the Highveld, blue skies for days 😎

20221120_085331.jpg

3 hours ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

I was thinking the same. I think i have done 13 x official 94.7s and some more i dont think I got credited with or didn't finish but it was like I am no longer really excited by events like this and just enjoy riding and being outdoors and better still with mates. Having moved down to Paarl the routes are next level but it’s the same - was thinking about all the lead in rides to CTCT i need to do and wondering how i am going to enjoy it. Rather just ride for fun. Jhb and Highveld at this time of year is next level when the weather is mentioned.

Whatever the definition is for FUN, that is what one must keep doing.

For me, racing is fun, but only a few events per year and certainly not week in and week out.

Getting on the bike is fun, even the hard workouts. It just makes the hard efforts tolerable.

That said, if I woke up and had the views some have, I’d probably have different goals for fun.

17 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Whatever the definition is for FUN, that is what one must keep doing.

For me, racing is fun, but only a few events per year and certainly not week in and week out.

Getting on the bike is fun, even the hard workouts. It just makes the hard efforts tolerable.

That said, if I woke up and had the views some have, I’d probably have different goals for fun.

Nope totally agree. Whatever gets you on the bike. I keep thinking of the continuum that leads to this. You start all gung ho as a noob, then do every race known to man ten get tired of that , then you start MTBing and get even more extreme. then eventually after all that when you have been far and have PB's etc and everything is achieved - you pine for a fun ride with your mates. So the final stage is when you are riding with mates socially. Thats the arc of a cyclist. Be it in races or not.

When the views from your house are next level and the rides are so good you are spoilt for choice then you are really somewhat spoiled and need to guard against becoming jaded.

Post ride work.

I was having such a good ride, I kept going to Malanshoogte.  Turning I ralised WHY .... STRONG SE wind !!!

I was peddling hard on the downhills to maintain 25km/h 😬

Good and proper workout 👍

Screenshot_20221121-190000_Connect.jpg.ed8c3f114a1e044b12401b3ebfff6e02.jpg

Edited by ChrisF