• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best organised, well marked, beautiful scenery.... but poorly marketed with low attendance. 

I found it pretty damned good, was tough and I was most definitely not expecting all that technical. If I have any complaint it would be that the route was soo technical (maybe not for you more exp peeps) that I was in this amazing/stunning area and I have very little idea of what it all looks like as I had to be almost hyper focused on the route that kept changing terrains.

I would still most certainly do it again, it took me longer than I had expected, just shy of 5 hours, but I need to have a chat with my doc as there is something I am clearly doing differently around races that is messing with my HR. Had the same trouble at Overgaauw where my HR was spiking near 180 on pretty much every climb at which point I get dizzy and light-headed, so when I saw that happening inside like the first KM already, I took it real easy.

Naturally a climb pushes it up, but on my fun rides I can do a 500m 30% climb and maybe hit 165/170 but with my last 2 races we talking like 4/5 pedals and im going from 140 to 170.

Anyway, great day out, right now I super need a nap but am too wide awake to fall asleep. lol

Hoogies steeds 1 van my gunsteling trails met my entertaining riding partner.

Wie is die fris man wat die fiets so omhoog hou?

I have a thing for steel bridges. My pyga is a photo slut. Nice combination. Hot, hard ride, beer earned

I also have a thing for old bridges.

The red bridge near Phantom Pass is one of my favorites. Oh and cycling across the Old Van Stadens narrow gauge train bridge is a kief memory.