Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Cape town you beaut, very gusty day out

I was up there as well yesterday aro8nd lunch time. Jeez it was howling.

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up there as well yesterday aro8nd lunch time. Jeez it was howling.

Felt like i was just on a spin bike going nowhere at times hahahaha

They're all over the place, man. Not confined to one area at all

Had a good chuckle this morning ....

New rider at Bloemendal asked us for directions ... invited her to join us on our ride.

When we got to B Spot she sees the sign and says "Is THIS where the snakes are?"

I would not be too confident of that fence keeping him at bay if he loses it

Lucky its a white rhino, they are at least a little less bedonerd than the black ones.

With our burst of serious rain on Saturday, yesterday turned out to be a cold, windy, and muddy solo ride, and it was absolutely awesome!

post-131650-0-87542500-1604304765_thumb.jpeg

I realised again why I love this bike so much, as as much as its a fun, trail ripping beast it's also a great off-roader. I get to scratch my 4x4 itch with it, attempting some pretty gnarly river crossings (10m+ long,both axles submerged) and technical riding. Sure, I have a love/hate relationship with it sometimes when riding smooth gravel and roads with XC-biked partners as its a piggy, and I'm not thrilled about dragging it through the 'Baviaans in January.

I ride bikes to have fun though at the end of the day, and for that, it's friggin' brilliant.

post-131650-0-69363300-1604304797_thumb.jpeg

Also, bonus fun, I get to strip and regrease my hubs and BB! Mud surely is the gift that keeps on giving.

post-131650-0-52893200-1604304808_thumb.jpeg

Last ride I did was Saturday morning.

Last 15km I passed a local riding group who then proceeded to catch me again when we turned directly into the wind.

I decided to ride with them for a while to get some shelter and it reminded me again why I dont join these groups.

Atlas road has a shoulder almost the width of a proper lane, but the guys were taking up this and most of the actual lane.