Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

# intervals #beatyesterday #garmin

D0D0B038-FFC2-4D8B-BA7D-0BEB1F9E42C5.jpeg

edit: last night wasn’t so bad. I actually enjoyed it (which means my FTP test probably yielded a lower figure than what I was capable of).

Edited by Frosty

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

just did a zone 2 cruise on the IDT yesterday. Don't want to push things just yet.

Went for a Rapid COVID test yesterday and came back positive, so decided to go and get a lab test done to be sure, so don't really want to push things until I have the results. I don't have any symptoms, but 4 or 5 people that I work with tested positive, hence the test.

14 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Also had that kind of day, doing what I hate... intervals on the IDT. I actually didn't even finish... can't wait to go out again

I find it hard these days to get on the idt. I will have spells where I do it for a week, and then get gatvol. Nothing like being outside....

9 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I find it hard these days to get on the idt. I will have spells where I do it for a week, and then get gatvol. Nothing like being outside....

I did a very good 8x4mins:2mins workout on sunday after 2 weeks at 630 TSS and now today on the IDT I can't do anywhere near the same power for 4 mins, despite it being only 3x4mins:3mins followed by 3 sets of 40:20s. It's crazy how I'm now unable to produce any power on that thing, when after lockdown it was the opposite...

Edited by Jbr

33 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Also had that kind of day, doing what I hate... intervals on the IDT. I actually didn't even finish... can't wait to go out again

Tomorrow, Bru, there'll be dry roads.

23 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

i have similar issues. get psyched for some intervals that look OK on screen, get on the IDT that what power I had has fled my legs and the session gets worse, then my brain turns off and i shut it down. These sessions are worst when i still have to go and shower, so I'm really into quitting early on those days. Since I'm not paid to do this, why should it be a chore?

20 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Tomorrow, Bru, there'll be dry roads.

it's supposed to be my off day haha, no ways

5 hours ago, Jbr said:

I struggle to get the intervals/sets done that are longer than 3 minutes with minimal recovery valleys, while also looking out for traffic on the road, at intersections, or both. Recovery/Endurance rides, like today, can be done. Add the darker hours earlier, plus the Tour from next week, and I'm conditioning myself to "enjoy" the trainer. Sucks big time, but I guess the benefits will outweigh the suffering.

My goal for MalutiD90 (if it goes ahead in September), is to be No. 1, 2 or 3, and not 5, 6 or 7 in the team. Not need to suffer as much as the others.

23 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Active recovery ????

That was monday after that horrendous sunday ride. But since I didn't do today properly I'll go cruise tomorrow in the sun ;)

Me trusty ol' 'dale trail 2 is still up to LOADS of fun adventures. The Sacramento shipwreck coast today, on a day itching to wreck ships.

PHOTO-2021-06-23-15-.jpg.40190df3acc1e063b4faa2565bbb0982.jpg

And yes, bar ends are de rigeur for wrenching her and a 6'3" 99kg old geezer up those high-gradient, sandy coastal paths.

PHOTO-2021-06-23-2.jpg.e94fc8c50d6d73b6ab83b69596d88ab4.jpg

PHOTO-2021-06-23-.jpg.48c9cd859827b51815ba94409b3142f0.jpg

Edited by justinafrika

On 6/19/2021 at 1:20 PM, thebob said:

Thaba Trails today. Still super pissed at the Balwin development there.

CF410E9B-51DE-4F66-B1A3-B3A0F0358A68.jpeg.9b078fd9014a9f0e0046a7a959abd95e.jpeg

Actually not a bad thing in the long run, chat to Wendell. Balwin are incorporating the trail network and Wendell will have a more formalised venue area.