Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

10 minutes ago, RocknRolla said:

I’m gonna start this post with a NCR topic, it will contain a C19 reference, so of this is a trigger for you, please do not continue reading this post.

I have had many “scares” in the last while. People I have been in contact with, in the 48h prior to them showing symptoms have tested positive. Kids at school, who’s friends have tested positive etc. Not even taking into account the secondary contact.

It has been playing mind games on me. What made me even more nervous was if the Berg’nBush was not cancelled, and I did travel down, and started feeling ill, what would I have done? What would other people have done.

I have been feeling weird the last while, not sick, but not 100% either. 
I did a zwift ride earlier this week, Z1 so I could gage my current state. All indicators were within the norm. HRV has been all over the show, but I have had issues with connecting and had to replace a battery on the sensor, so I’m thinking, this should normalise soon.

Did a ride with the missus yesterday, real chill and once again felt fine, with HR and RPE within the norm.

Woke up today, feeling like I was on the receiving end of a fairly big party….

Decided to take it easy and ride with my youngest.

650184C8-8350-48DF-8A77-BDD70F991137.jpeg.20a871579a706124e3515ed0dbb8a3ed.jpeg

5kms of fun, I was impressed with his body position and general readiness on the bike, which meant he has been listening and remembering what he has been taught previously, a rare celebratory occasion for a parent.

The wind in Gauteng has been no fun, and we decided 5kms deserves an Ice cream. I fore went the ice cream, and went for a brown fanta instead…just to make Patch and his weather a little jealous…

4BF25240-2FBD-480F-8438-4BE0FFE032C9.jpeg.b75e949407b7b0d890a14329143c8b76.jpeg

my conclusion re C-19… I have had too many close calls to have been able to avoid this thing completely, the uncertainty has had a negative effect on my mental well being. I have booked an antigen test for monday, I believe it will enable me to make better decisions regarding exposure going forward.

Sad bit is that C-19 affects our day to day lives, which for many here includes riding. If it’s not allowed or some take offense to your post them there seriously is something wrong. I see it was CR and not NCR.

Stay safe and good luck with your next steps.

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent 90min on the IDT after a full day at work (stock take), while watching the last 60Km of the Tour. They did the 60Km in the same time I did 42Km, although I had 5 recovery valleys at 40% of FTP.

The workout was over/unders, but my concentration levels were such that it was another order/under (over power/under power or under power/over power).

Edited by Frosty

1 hour ago, RocknRolla said:

I’m gonna start this post with a NCR topic, it will contain a C19 reference, so of this is a trigger for you, please do not continue reading this post.

I have had many “scares” in the last while. People I have been in contact with, in the 48h prior to them showing symptoms have tested positive. Kids at school, who’s friends have tested positive etc. Not even taking into account the secondary contact.

It has been playing mind games on me. What made me even more nervous was if the Berg’nBush was not cancelled, and I did travel down, and started feeling ill, what would I have done? What would other people have done.

I have been feeling weird the last while, not sick, but not 100% either. 
I did a zwift ride earlier this week, Z1 so I could gage my current state. All indicators were within the norm. HRV has been all over the show, but I have had issues with connecting and had to replace a battery on the sensor, so I’m thinking, this should normalise soon.

Did a ride with the missus yesterday, real chill and once again felt fine, with HR and RPE within the norm.

Woke up today, feeling like I was on the receiving end of a fairly big party….

Decided to take it easy and ride with my youngest.

650184C8-8350-48DF-8A77-BDD70F991137.jpeg.20a871579a706124e3515ed0dbb8a3ed.jpeg

5kms of fun, I was impressed with his body position and general readiness on the bike, which meant he has been listening and remembering what he has been taught previously, a rare celebratory occasion for a parent.

The wind in Gauteng has been no fun, and we decided 5kms deserves an Ice cream. I fore went the ice cream, and went for a brown fanta instead…just to make Patch and his weather a little jealous…

4BF25240-2FBD-480F-8438-4BE0FFE032C9.jpeg.b75e949407b7b0d890a14329143c8b76.jpeg

my conclusion re C-19… I have had too many close calls to have been able to avoid this thing completely, the uncertainty has had a negative effect on my mental well being. I have booked an antigen test for monday, I believe it will enable me to make better decisions regarding exposure going forward.

Be safe and look after yourself and your family mate! 

5 hours ago, 'Dale said:

I can feel the wind blowing through my helmet hair on that pic.

The way back was a little windy, which sucks because I did todays workout on the way down and I wanted to cruise back home… ended up being a not very enjoyable 217TSS ride to end a 713TSS birthday-week (with a few too many beers). Now looking forward to a couple days rest before the next ride… in france ????

Edited by Jbr

Went to Hedianga Farms for the first time this morning. The standard cycle trail is closed and we were told to follow the hiking trail. Hectic stuff! 

We managed just over 3km before we decided to call it and headed to Rosemary Hill. 

Beautiful place for a hike. Unfortunately I did not take my phone with me to capture the amazing view from the top of the hill. 

IMG-20210627-WA0000.jpeg