Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Well, not really. There was last year 2 lions roaming inside the park, but they struggled to dart them. And now they can't "find" them. They apparently went back to the Kruger Park. You must just keep your ears and eyes open and Pray the whole route, lol.

As long as the whoever darted them was not riding a bicycle you should be ok....

Lions pissed off with cyclists would not be good

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapmans Peak from Hout Bay to the lookout point and back. I was devastated by the destruction, it felt like a memorial ride for a slain friend! Everything is burnt, from the summit to the sea, from Hout Bay to Noordhoek.

post-17716-0-97790100-1426088207_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-28379500-1426088225_thumb.jpg

Perhaps I should also post a picture looking the other way. It is still as beautiful as ever. (The haze is probably from the Jonkershoek fire.)

post-17716-0-91955700-1426090697_thumb.jpg

Chapmans Peak from Hout Bay to the lookout point and back. I was devastated by the destruction, it felt like a memorial ride for a slain friend! Everything is burnt, from the summit to the sea, from Hout Bay to Noordhoek.

The irony 

After seeing those Cape Town pics it seems churlish to post mine, such a disaster... unecessary fires, I hate them, with their destruction of small trees and animals to name just a couple of their impacts. However, we shouldn't forget, our Northern Farm gets burned every year with the same sort of consequences... less trees, less birds, less monkees etc.

Rant over... back to my ride today... Spruit, Emmerentia Dam... they were making some sort of movie in the background...

post-31807-0-54579600-1426093342_thumb.jpg

My Spez took me to the top of the Table tops in Cascades :) So much fun! and then further down my helmet met with the floor... eish :D I survived...

That helmet met the ground hard - judging by the eyeballs rolling around in your head when you got to the end of the trail  :w00t:  :blink:  :wacko: ... glad you survived  :thumbup: . Nice view on the land you bought though  :clap: .

After seeing those Cape Town pics it seems churlish to post mine, such a disaster... unecessary fires, I hate them, with their destruction of small trees and animals to name just a couple of their impacts. However, we shouldn't forget, our Northern Farm gets burned every year with the same sort of consequences... less trees, less birds, less monkees etc.

Rant over... back to my ride today... Spruit, Emmerentia Dam... they were making some sort of movie in the background...

attachicon.gifSpruitEmmer112we.jpg

That is one sweet bike Richie.

Well, not really. There was last year 2 lions roaming inside the park, but they struggled to dart them. And now they can't "find" them. They apparently went back to the Kruger Park. You must just keep your ears and eyes open and Pray the whole route, lol.

I was there that year... We were sitting in one of the chalets playing poker . Doors open one night when we suddenly saw some big yellow eyes high up off the ground - there was lots of screaming and running around to close the doors and windows. Thick smell of fresh kill very close the next morning.

I was there that year... We were sitting in one of the chalets playing poker . Doors open one night when we suddenly saw some big yellow eyes high up off the ground - there was lots of screaming and running around to close the doors and windows. Thick smell of fresh kill very close the next morning.

That why i love this Place. :whistling: . If you are ever in these parts again, give me a shout, then we can organise a ride. We got some nice trails next to the krugerpark Fence. My Neighbour almost collided with a leopard end of last year right next to the Kruger Fence in Komatipoort. This is Africa. lol :clap:

Ahh yes, Africa. The tourists thinks a lion is chasing a mtb'er... We just call it interval training...

Thats why i cant see myself living in the Concrede Jungle. Seeing the Big 5 everyday. Awesomeness.....