Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

If I have it right, that's the loop we did once, a few years ago, and saw elephant, rhino, buffalo and lion (the Big 5, except for leopard). That's besides for all the other game like giraffe, kudu, bushbuck, springbok and many more. Right from the bike, right from a public road. Right in your backyard. Right where all the lemmings driving on the N2 will never suspect it. Cool part of the world.[emoji106]

We always did that loop, but Provincial admin closed that road that goes past Botlierskop through the river with all the pebbles because of repairing costs when flooded. We started in Groot Brak/Pine Creek to Klein Brak, then to Botlierskop's entrance and backtracked to Kleinbrak. Kleinbrak on the sea side to Suiderkruis back to Grootbrak/Pine Creek.

One can almost still do the same loop, but you will have to turn back towards Friemersheim and back to Grootbrak or turn left from the Friemersheim road and go through Leeukloof, famous for it's hills, UP AND DOWN.

Edited by BSG

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

121km route of the Carnival City Macsteel National Classic as we (the club) can't ride in 2 weeks time.

Road surface is in really good condition for majority of the route.

The wind direction and speed today made it tough for the final 20-25km. Should it have the conditions in 2 weeks, it's bound to make the racing interesting.

7e434c2a6eb596f58a5df3376530f9db.jpg

Jonkershoek red x2 with Eddy Gordo, popcorn skollie and s few other okes. Lekker fun, but faaaaaaarking windy!

Looks bone dry. 

Yeah, super fun, awesome trail, pity for the holes(brake bumps), made it interesting though.

O and in the wind you can see the trail when following someone, just way to much dust!!

Jonkershoek red x2 with Eddy Gordo, popcorn skollie and s few other okes. Lekker fun, but faaaaaaarking windy!

Is that your bike Armpies? I like!

I didn't get any pictures, but I rode the recently opened (now legal) Constantia Greenbelts from Southern Cross Drive to Tokai and back.  :thumbup: