Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Bike didn't take me anywhere. Daughter has a dance competition from yesterday afternoon until tomorrow.

Managed to bump into some club mates on the road. So I stopped ahead and waited, and waited, and waited some more to get this shot.

11d2d22352243d385b9197cf4756cbc0.jpg

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear I might have become a roadie...

http://i.imgur.com/CME7WEB.jpg

Awesome ride around Pretoria today, thanks to the Velo guys dragging me along for a stretch!

Did you do hat long ride with the Velo guys? Maybe you met my friend Luis?

Did you do hat long ride with the Velo guys? Maybe you met my friend Luis?

Nope, they caught me along Boschkop, thank goodness, the wind was giving me a spanking!

I took my bike to Thaba today, then it took me for a tough ride! Like R&R said, start Lete and it gets hot! Did 47km in total. Quite messed afterward.

Resting:

attachicon.gifIMG_0138.JPG

Saw some bokkies:

attachicon.gifIMG_0139.JPG

I also rode this loop for the first time. post-43948-0-39468100-1474720014_thumb.jpg Very lekker. Trouble is it leads to a whole bunch of other Blue route loops which (for me) were very difficult and I had to port a few sections. Skills training is big at Thaba!

Also saw these bokkiespost-43948-0-47445000-1474720149_thumb.jpg

I also rode this loop for the first time. attachicon.gifIMG_0141.JPG Very lekker. Trouble is it leads to a whole bunch of other Blue route loops which (for me) were very difficult and I had to port a few sections. Skills training is big at Thaba!

Also saw these bokkiesattachicon.gifIMG_0140.JPG

does get a little tough ???? in those sections. Downhill stuff awesome uphill stuff a proper test ???? Edited by Pikey

As part of my ride, did a new route (well, new to me) at FUN Gaalens on this scorcher of a morning...

It's an alternative to coming down from the Greek Church the regular, also very FUN, way...

But this section ... WOW!!!!!!!!! :clap:  soooooooo good!!

Problem is it might not always be open to riders :thumbdown:

It's on a game farm that's being fenced off and the landowners more than likely won't allow riders on :mellow:

BUT... there's still hope and it's still there to be ridden for now, so i'll be making good use of it in the weeks to come  :thumbup:

Pics don't do it justice though.

If you're able to ride at VG, I HIGHLY  recommend this route!

post-6012-0-68496800-1474721815_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-48862900-1474721884_thumb.jpg

As part of my ride, did a new route (well, new to me) at FUN Gaalens on this scorcher of a morning...

It's an alternative to coming down from the Greek Church the regular, also very FUN, way...

But this section ... WOW!!!!!!!!! :clap:  soooooooo good!!

Problem is it might not always be open to riders :thumbdown:

It's on a game farm that's being fenced off and the landowners more than likely won't allow riders on :mellow:

BUT... there's still hope and it's still there to be ridden for now, so i'll be making good use of it in the weeks to come  :thumbup:

Pics don't do it justice though.

If you're able to ride at VG, I HIGHLY  recommend this route!

attachicon.gifIMG_8967.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8966.JPG

Looks really picturesque LTG Last time I was at VG was the Gravel Xpress. Need to get there again!

It would appear that once again I was in a group of riders with Gerald but have yet to meet him ..... That is until they dropped me like a bad habit at about 17k's [emoji15]

Long time since I've been to a race with cardboard numbers and manual timing, good fun morning out.

5da5f919b39082267345fb97d5eca6d3.jpg