• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome

It was a day for electrolytes

Or ice cold Coke

Or chilled beer ????

The latter. Must admit it gave me a bit of courage on the way down, but when someone hands you an ice cold brewski on a day like today, you grab it and chug

Took my new baby out for first ride - just went to NF as I wanted some familiar terrain -OMG what a pleasure to ride this bike.

The narrow handlebars is going to take some getting use to, over steered a couple of times through some of the ST. Brakes might need some bleeding, and on a easy ride the gear ratio felt perfect considering I'm coming off a3x9 to the 1x10 - only long jeep track climbs, and had no issues - I even dropped the OH on the climbs - much to his dismay ( though he was nursing a hangover, I'll give him that - so red 29ers are faster ;)

Will need to pop in to Thaba and test her out on some more technical stuff, but I think I'm in love. ❤

If the bars are too narrow than what you used to then maybe change them for something longer.

Thaba will be sure to test that baby to the limits.

We had an absolutely idyllic wind-free Atlantic ride, a rarity this year. But don't let the bikes in the foreground distract you.

Look carefully at the picture, you'll see the white splash of a humpback wale breaching halfway to the horison off Llandudno. Sorry, I don't have a drone to fly out there and film it. (Thanks to the fellow rider who showed us the close up footage on her phone.) I haven't seen the ocean quite as beautiful and clear as this year. Beattbox (who is an expert on all things nautical) tells me that it is because of the constant southeaster. So, it not only makes us stronger!

idyllic ???? Edited by Pikey

If the bars are too narrow than what you used to then maybe change them for something longer.

Thaba will be sure to test that baby to the limits.

Yup was there today. I suffered and sucked ????

On some of those climbs my granny needed a granny. Also wasn't very confident descending, funny that I trusted my old bike more.

post-44041-0-07315900-1480268512_thumb.jpegpost-44041-0-38668700-1480268551_thumb.jpeg

Will try the bike out a bit longer and see about putting on wider bars, might also change the saddle. 3 more weekends before holidays, some serious bonding time.

I will continue to work and earn this upgrade :)

Took my new baby out for first ride - just went to NF as I wanted some familiar terrain -OMG what a pleasure to ride this bike.

The narrow handlebars is going to take some getting use to, over steered a couple of times through some of the ST. Brakes might need some bleeding, and on a easy ride the gear ratio felt perfect considering I'm coming off a3x9 to the 1x10 - only long jeep track climbs, and had no issues - I even dropped the OH on the climbs - much to his dismay ( though he was nursing a hangover, I'll give him that - so red 29ers are faster ;)

Will need to pop in to Thaba and test her out on some more technical stuff, but I think I'm in love. ❤

Lekker.. [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

I don't believe either of those bikes are yours...where's the animal upgrade on the bars..? ;)

Left home poep vroeg today without any plans, just decided to follow my bike.

Up Slaaihoek road, on the way to Tranquilitas.

post-37016-0-31306000-1480278814_thumb.jpg

Past Tranquilitas, on the way to Highlands Mist Farm.

post-37016-0-77754100-1480278823_thumb.jpg

Still on the way to Highlands Mist Farm. Took some strain here.

post-37016-0-63856600-1480278834_thumb.jpg

Highlands Mist Farm, at last.

post-37016-0-69302800-1480278842_thumb.jpg

Departing Highlands Mist Farm on the way to who knows where.

post-37016-0-46732000-1480278851_thumb.jpg

Decided to traverse to the other side of the Badplaas road via Slaaihoek. Some "road work"!!!

post-37016-0-48509200-1480278862_thumb.jpg