Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

What are the dates? There's a big crew of us that will be in Morz between 14 and 31 July. If you've not done a Euro trip before I'd suggest NOT racing your first time out there. The riding over there is another world compared to here and you'll likely end up in hospital if your first experience of the Alps is with a number zip tied to your bike.

2 to 8 July. 

I'm in Europe, Duane, so I'm familiar with the riding. I'll probably get one of my riding buddies to head to the Alps the week prior and get some miles in before the start of the race week. 

I'm quite confident I can hold my own. 

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

2 to 8 July. 

I'm in Europe, Duane, so I'm familiar with the riding. I'll probably get one of my riding buddies to head to the Alps the week prior and get some miles in before the start of the race week. 

I'm quite confident I can hold my own. 

Ok good.

Sorry man. I didn't mean to insult you. I don't know how well you ride but for most Saffers who haven't been over there I would STRONGLY urge not to just bolt on a number and go racing. The red mist that comes with racing coupled with the ease at which you get speed over there could easily result in an ambulance ride. 

Edited by Duane_Bosch

NICE! I don't know much about that area. Keep us posted. There's something very special about riding your bike in the mountains in Europe.

Next year apart from Morzine we are planning a trip to Girona in Spain. It's where a large chunk of the Pro Tour riders base themselves and access is easy.

I'm looking at the dolomites in the future but the Alta Badia (Italy) area. Access would require renting a car tho which I'm very hesitant about after my expensive experience last year.

We are two who were looking at doing a tour from here in Munich to Lake Garda.  Was suppose to be this year but our schedules was problematic.  We need to set a date for next year and get on with it.

Next year apart from Morzine we are planning a trip to Girona in Spain. It's where a large chunk of the Pro Tour riders base themselves and access is easy.

A little South and inland, make SURE you do the road ride up Montserrat! Well within a day outing of Girona.

Ok good.

Sorry man. I didn't mean to insult you. I don't know how well you ride but for most Saffers who haven't been over there I would STRONGLY urge not to just bolt on a number and go racing. The red mist that comes with racing coupled with the ease at which you get speed over there could easily result in an ambulance ride. 

Nah, man. Far from insulted. 

I've done a couple of enduros here and the Euros take their racing very seriously and most have got some serious skillz to boot. 

I agree. If your idea of technical riding is Avianto in GP, then you best stay far away from such events, unless you buy a big bag of skillz. 

Sunday morning ride outside Calvinia -

post-110956-0-98288300-1506458702_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-87743600-1506458728_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-38116100-1506458747_thumb.jpg

Sunday we left for Springbok, to arive in a mild wind storm .... did not take the bike off the roof.  Left EARLY on Monday morning.  Now working 100km West of Augrabies.  Clocked in yesterday, and only did a short reccie ride.

post-110956-0-26465300-1506458775_thumb.jpg

On Tuesday morning I was out at dawn ... ooooops, a bit TOO early .... was on the way back before the sun showed itself.  NICE !!

not dawn yet ....

post-110956-0-56952900-1506458944_thumb.jpg

faint glimmer of the day breaking

post-110956-0-03758000-1506458968_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-81740900-1506458993_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-56335600-1506459012_thumb.jpg

off the roads, and following the tracks made by animals ... LOTS of animals, but no "cats" ...

post-110956-0-91933400-1506459038_thumb.jpg

Lyk baie lekker ChrisF! Gravel grind jy bietjie?

Oh, en jy ry die beste brand kar - Toyota all the way!  :thumbup:

iets van als .... turned a 48 hour rush trip into a 9 day safari .... trying to get in miles where and whenever the schedule allows.

Been WORKING the last 24 hours.  Hope to get saddle time this afternoon ....