• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

This. St4 for me is my favourite trail of all to date. There are drops, but they're not huge. What makes it difficult is the sheer time that you spend going down this loose, rock strewn moonscape, after having to get up there in the first place.

It was MURDER on the arms and legs. It took me 16 min to get down stage 4. I had to stop twice to just breathe and release some tension from my arms and to prevent cramp. A 16 min down after 6 3/4 hours at avg 158bpm is not easy.

Having said that, the technicality was pretty high compared to the normal trail in CT. There are patches on TM and in jonkers that rival it (talking stages 4&5) but the vast majority fall way short. If it were an imba trail it'd be a solid double black. Not from a drops or jumps perspective (there were only 3 jumps and all of them were in st1) but just from having to keep control of your bike over sections of loose rock while still doing those drops.

The pics, as always, don't do it justice. There is loose rock just littered all over the trail.

Stages 1/2/3 were completely different. Loose and off camber, but dry and dusty. Hardly any rock.

sounds like my kinda race...need to do some homework for next year . Great write up by the way .

Was away with my family for the weekend to the Waterberg. Decided to do a quick spin on Sunday morning. Just an hour out and back or so on what seemed like an ordinary dirt road. Ended up spotting hippo, buffalo, Sable, Roan and much more whilst passing the game farms. What I expected to be an uneventful quick spin turned out to be a pretty incredible ride.

post-7796-0-43654900-1508410345_thumb.jpg

Was away with my family for the weekend to the Waterberg. Decided to do a quick spin on Sunday morning. Just an hour out and back or so on what seemed like an ordinary dirt road. Ended up spotting hippo, buffalo, Sable, Roan and much more whilst passing the game farms. What I expected to be an uneventful quick spin turned out to be a pretty incredible ride.

attachicon.gifwaterberg.jpg

I pretend to my European friends that this happens all the time here in the wilds of Africa. :whistling:

I wonder how many remember or even know that the tennis court building and the area it is built on was once a white lion enclosure? That was when there was still a 'zoo' at Rietvlei Zoo Farm ...1a47a79ed5b69c6420c60bb8dbf5d0ba.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk