Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

We were looking down on you from the mountain in the background of your pic this morning!

What a day to be alive and on a bicycle.

Wow

Mountain time ❤️

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

We were looking down on you from the mountain in the background of your pic this morning!

What a day to be alive and on a bicycle.

I rode that bit on Sunday, showing two Epic snakes the prologue route. It was supposed to be their "easy rest day" on the bike - and they still burnt my bacon! That's why I didn't post pictures of my Sunday ride - I never had a chance to stop and take pictures - besides, all I saw was the blood bubbling up into my eyeballs! Still a bit tired from that and it is Wednesday already! I'm definitely fit, but not Epic fit!  :blush:

Edited by DJR

A friend had one of her colleagues who came down from Egypt for a conference thingie magig join us for a impromptu ride.

We arrange a bike and stuff's for him yesterday and this morning we headed up .... turns out his typical terrain is far flatter up north and this was his first time riding on flat pedals (really el'cheapo no pins flat pedals too) .... going up was a little slow and coming down he was not too bad, he did take two tumbles, but he took it in his stride .... a rather nice chap actually.

We did see a couple of race snakes storming up the "hill".

I rode that bit on Sunday, showing two Epic snakes the prologue route. It was supposed to be their "easy rest day" on the bike - and they still burnt my bacon! That's why I didn't post pictures of my Sunday ride - I never had a chance to stop and take pictures - besides, all I saw was the blood bubbling up into my eyeballs! Still a bit tired from that and it is Wednesday already! I'm definitely fit, but not Epic fit!  :blush:

Benedict Breakfast Ride

Calories Burned: 3,459

Distance: 126km

Elevation: 1,381m
NP: 185W (3.08W/kg)

Great to get a long ride in for a chance with work interfering the whole time... We actually anticipated windy conditions but it was not bad at all - beautiful morning to be frank. Roads were very busy and the start was misty. Luckily I had the 1000 lumen up front, and two rear lights to be visible.

The ride also gave me a confidence boost that I really need for my last bit of training for the CTCT. To give context to the story, end of January I got ill which caused me to be off the bike for nine days. To put the cherry on the top, I also had a Vitamin D deficiency which is still ongoing but being treated with supplements. So afterwards I felt very weak and it was quite depressing getting dropped. Thanks to the indoor trainer, I was able to slowly build up my fitness again.

After the hard work, we stopped in Stellies at Bootlegger for a lovely Benedict breakfast with sourdough bread and coffee.

HiS0pqB.jpg

Edited by Andrew_Smith

isnt all that paint dangerously slippery when wet ?

The green is a special paint designed for the purpose and it has grit in to make it rough. No, it doesn't become slippery in the wet. The yellow is normal road paint and becomes like snot on a banana peel when wet.

Edited by DJR

Nice morning ride .... from home to the Durbanville trails, including a couple of extra loops .... caffiene boost at Bloemendal, and a nice bran muffin .... time to ride up to the masts and Majik .... then time for dodgems enroute home ....  my longest single ride ever (4 decades ago I used to do 2 off 25km loops per day, to school and back..)

The ride started with a slight tint of mist in the air, nice 16 degree temperature, no wind.  LOTS of cyclists out on the roads.  Simply a PERFECT day to be in the saddle !

post-110956-0-11440200-1550913808_thumb.jpg

I entered the Traverse at St Johns, at the split I turned towards the Odendaal Street.  The jeep tracks were dry, with a thin layer of dust, but under the trees the ground was wet .... and then I saw the "rain" from the dew wettened leaves falling to the ground .... just had to stop for a photo (WISH I had a decent camera, as this was just magical)

post-110956-0-87808100-1550914071_thumb.jpg

From Odendaal I looped back, and entered at St John's again.  Traverse to Bloemendal, by now I was looking forward to that caffiene boost !!  Took a moment to gather my composure and concentration, then did a slow ride through the B Gum.

After the caffiene boost the temperatures were in the mid to high 20's ....

What a nice ride !!

post-110956-0-62657700-1550914365_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-01031200-1550914377_thumb.jpg

PS - LOVE those 2FO shoes !!!  Even stopped in at Tygerberg cycles to thank Mike.