I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

A grammer nazi

An effing grammer nazi

They are all over here.  I actually thought this was a cycling forum but I stand to be corrected ... again.  :whistling:

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

In this instance we are talking of an F.  Is there a soft F somewhere?  The sentence started "A F15".  Fully agree on the spoken language and not the spelling.

sound is eff. Sounds like an e. 

therefore, AN F15

if it was Fabulous 15, A Fabulous 15. 

so rode in town yesterday. past the KPMG Place building. They potentially have changed the name, as they have put duct tape over the poster where the name used to be. Or am Iooking for a conspiracy theory

attachicon.gifIMG_20171108_170036_3 (Large).jpg

I was wondering who was moving into that fugly building ...........

I wouldnt mind going up in any fighter jet. I challenge the pilot to try and make me puke. When I get out I will have a huge grin( well at least I believe I will have a grin). 

fixed it for you

Probably because the SAAF only have old aircraft... ;)

Ok, not strictly true, but it's even sadder with the new stuff (like Gripens) being mothballed because we don't have enough type rated pilots

I saw a Gripen flying out of Bredasdorp the other day. Wanted to dance in joy, but my client there wasn't as awestruck by it as I was. They are obviously more used to seeing military aircraft than I am.

Would the grammar nazi please be so kind as to build AN EFFING bridge, walk over it and crawl back under it?

[emoji6][emoji6]

Edit: added a smiley in the hope that no grammar Nazi's catch feelings without realizing that I are can like to be joking.

Edited by PhilipV

I saw a Gripen flying out of Bredasdorp the other day. Wanted to dance in joy, but my client there wasn't as awestruck by it as I was. They are obviously more used to seeing military aircraft than I am.

I watched a formation of 4 x Luftwaffe Tornado jets fly over my house around Feb this year on their way to TFDC Overberg at Bredasdorp for the annual exercise with the SAAF and SA Navy. It was quite spectacular to see...and hear!

post-103677-0-69110600-1510239193.jpeg

You also reminded me of the last time I was there for the bi-annual fly in at TFDC. It was when Dave Stock sadly crashed his English Electric Lightning after he suffered hydraulic loss due to a fire in the engine bay, which resulted in loss of control of his control surfaces. A guy standing by me heard him over the radio say that his ejection seat had failed. Sad day.

post-103677-0-66097200-1510239177_thumb.jpg