I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Uhm....eeehhhh....I am struggling to....ah never mind.

I don't think I've seen something more stupid as of yet...

Watched something the other day where they explained why the old school boxers used to have that odd pose with one arm near the body and the other extended.

Boiled down to them being bare Knuckle boxers and that they did not focus on the head when punching as this was a sure quick way to break your hands.

These guys still need to learn that

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

image by Denis Cebulec

56323693_1146765968844640_53091566024172

The Chappies road was surveyed to run on the dividing line between hard granite (bottom) and soft sandstone (top). This picture demonstrates that beautifully and makes an almost abstract image at the same time. :thumbup:

Edited by DJR

Watched something the other day where they explained why the old school boxers used to have that odd pose with one arm near the body and the other extended.

Boiled down to them being bare Knuckle boxers and that they did not focus on the head when punching as this was a sure quick way to break your hands.

These guys still need to learn that

I seem to remember that the incidence of injuries since gloves were brought in has increased significantly, cos boxers can now punch harder and at the head without hurting as much. Bare knuckle, as crazy as it sounds, is actually the more civilized (and safer) version. 

"Since the bones in a man's head are stronger than the bones in a man's fists, a bare-knuckle fighter risks damaging himself more than his opponent if he hits as hard as he can when he aims punches at the head. ... But a return to bare knuckles, or even mitts, would make the sport safer than it is with boxing gloves"

https://www.economist.com/international/2015/01/15/hang-up-the-boxing-gloves

56205174_10157248986369791_6290014849493

It's, ah, err, apparently called 'Carpet bombing' ... or at least that's what me and my mates called it when we were a LOT younger 

The Chappies road was surveyed to run on the dividing line between hard granite (bottom) and soft sandstone (top). This picture demonstrates that beautifully and makes an almost abstract image at the same time. :thumbup:

That is interesting.