Coffee machine

On 11/4/2021 at 11:44 AM, Andrew_Smith said:

Sorry for derailing the thread but is there perhaps a place to get coffee in Stellenbosch before 07:00 Saturday morning? 

I see most places only open at 07:00.

Please let us know if you find one ...

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Please let us know if you find one ...

For what's it worth, we wanted to stop with coffee on the bikes at around 06:30.

We managed to find a Seattle Coffee shop at Caltex Boland garage:
https://goo.gl/maps/s4moRF4eoQeKdRCW8

Of course this will be a bit more tricky for cyclists (busy road and close to Kayamandi, so I'll recommend doing Hels Climb and by the time you get down, one of the local shops should be open since I see most open at 07:00.

19 hours ago, Mudsimus said:

On Friday I had the opportunity to taste the coffee served by Stevo Kuhn at the world barista champs. Prepared exactly like he did during his set. This just changed my whole perspective of how proper coffee should taste.

F26260A2-A64D-4E7E-8C81-EE2882C26EA0.jpeg

What coffee/beans does he use ?

4 hours ago, the nerd said:

Talking of special coffee, I was fortunate enough to be gifted some of this... 

Incredible to say the least! 

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-09 at 07.45.48.jpeg

Keen to know what brew method you using for this coffee?

On 11/9/2021 at 8:58 PM, cadenceblur said:

Keen to know what brew method you using for this coffee?

Sorry for the delay, not on here as much as I used to be :( 

Im a bit of an espresso based person, so always through some kind of espresso machine. 

This has been excellent as a "smaller" cortado through my La Pavoni but also still really enjoyable on the commercial machine at the shop. 

A big factor in these ultra specialty coffees is grinder (the same for any coffee really), I can taste the difference even between the Mahlkonig and the Anfim I have in the shop. I see a similar pattern with the Sao Jaoa Brazil Carbonic I have been roasting. 

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question, who is familiar with "white coffee", meaning half roasted beans, with a nutty taste, up to 50% more caffeine. The bean/grind is beige in color, and also the brewing is a little different than normal beans. I am keen to give it a go, just looking for roasters that sell "white coffee" in the western (south) cape. 

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, corrie.kuilder said:

Whats happening, is this thread dying, did people stop drinking coffee? 

Never !!!  But real coffee not "white coffee" ....  😂.  Sorry couldn't resist .... 

I have this Delonghi EC850M I'm looking to sell. Would any of you aficionado's on here possibly be interested or alternatively be able to point me to a suitable forum that might be more appropriate? 

IMG_20211221_195719_resized_20211221_075745698.jpg

Edited by Bigjim
spelling

On 11/29/2021 at 6:31 PM, corrie.kuilder said:

Quick question, who is familiar with "white coffee", meaning half roasted beans, with a nutty taste, up to 50% more caffeine. The bean/grind is beige in color, and also the brewing is a little different than normal beans. I am keen to give it a go, just looking for roasters that sell "white coffee" in the western (south) cape. 

Im happy to try roasting some for you... 

3 minutes ago, corrie.kuilder said:

That would be great👍👍

Ive never done it but im sure I could figure it out!